The 24 songs which were announced last month now have names to match them as LTV has released the list of Dziesma 2014 participants along with the running order of the two semi finals.
Semi Final 1 – February 1st
- Dejo Tā – DJ Dween & Sabīne Berezina
- Bučas – Crazy Dolls
- I’m Happy – Tamara Rutkovska
- Here I Am Again – Niko
- I’ve Got – Ivo Grīsniņš Grīslis
- Cake To Bake – Aarzemnieki
- Just Stop – Oskars Deigelis
- Stay – Samanta Tina
- Going All The Way – MyRadiantU
- I Can Breathe – Aminata Savadogo
- I Need More – Dāvis Matskins
- Saule Riet (Take Away) – Olga & Līgo
Semi Final 2 – February 2nd
- Revelation – Ralfs Eilands, Valters Pūce & Nelli Bubujanca
- You Are The Reason – Katrine Lukins
- I Need A Soul-Twin – Mad Show Boys
- Lights On – Markus Riva
- Breathe Slow – Anete Volmane
- What If It Was – Rolands Ūdris
- Moment and Tomorrow – Katrīna Bindere
- Pa Vidu Tu – Andris Kivičs
- Pēdējā Vēstule – Dons
- Is It Possible – Sabīne Vidriķe
- Pressure – Sabīne Berezina
- If I Could (Get Away) – Eirošmits
The list contains a few familiar faces such as PeR lead singer Ralfs Eilands and Samanta Tina who has come second for the last two years, as well as former participants Niko, Sabine Berezina, Mad Show Boys and Ivo Grīsniņš Grīslis. Other notable entries come from Aminata Savadogo who will be riding a wave of popularity after winning ‘The Talent Factory’ and Dons who has had a few local hits and also performed as an interval act in Dziesma 2013.
The theme of this year’s Dziesma contest is “Made In Latvia” and as such all the artists competing as well as the teams behind them are Latvian citizens. This is in contrast to last year’s open selection of song writers which faced some local backlash in Latvia.
As usual, the final of Dziesma will take place in the city of Ventspils, this year on the 22nd of February.