Four acts have qualified for the semifinals of Eurosong 2014. It was the first of seven shows to select the Belgian entry for Copenhagen.
All fifteen performing acts of tonight had to perform a Eurovision cover. Four acts would qualify for the semifinals directly, the next four would make it through to a second chance round, called the ‘Callback’. The ranking of the artists can be found below, together with the song they sang tonight.
- Udo – Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi (Switzerland 1988): 93
- Nelson – Glorious (Germany 2013): 86
- Eva Jacobs – In Your Eyes (Ireland 1993): 86
- Axel Hirsoux – Tu Te Reconnaîtras (Luxembourg 1973): 84
- Joyce – Mister (Belgium 2002): 82
- 2Fabiola ft. Loredana – My Number One (Greece 2005): 81
- Jessy – Euphoria (Sweden 2012): 81
- White Bird – Fly On The Wings Of Love: 80
- Di Stephano – L’Amour Ça Fait Chanter La Vie (Belgium 1978): 78
- The Fuckuleles – Waterloo (Sweden 1974): 76
- Violet Sky – Door De Wind (Belgium 1989): 73
- Gracious Wild – In Love For A While (Switzerland 2011): 72
- Elvya Dulcimer – Sweet People (Ukraine 2010): 72
- 3M8S – Only Teardrops (Denmark 2013): 71
- The Exclusive Strings – Hard Rock Hallelujah (Finland 2006): 68
That means Udo, Nelson, Eva Jacobs and Axel Hirsoux are qualified for the semifinal. Joyce, 2Fabiola ft. Loredana, Jessy and White Bird will have to prove themselves once again in the callback. The rest of the artists has been eliminated.
Next week, another fifteen acts will take the stage to cover a Eurovision classic.