The host broadcaster of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, ORF, have revealed the sixteen names of the acts still in the running to represent Austria in 2015. The song titles for the first show were also published.
The sixteen hopefuls and the songs they’ll sing in the first show are:
- The Makemakes – Million Euro Smile
- Tandem – Zeig Ihn Mir
- wo/Men – Happy (Pharell Williams)
- Royal Kombo – Ram Pam Pam
- Clara Blume – Love & Starve
- The Su’sis – This And That
- Kathi Kallauch – Das Leben ist zu kurz
- Johann Sebastian Bass – Heart of Stone
- Celine Ann – I Never Loved A Man (Aretha Franklin)
- Renato Unterberg – Love
- Lemo – So Leicht
- Kommando Elefant – Mein Design fürs Leben
- Dawa – On The Run
- Mizgebonez – Medley of Murmeltier and Fitnesstraining
- Folkshilfe – Seit a poa Tog
- Zoe – Adieu
It is highly likely (and in some cases certain) that these songs will not eventually grace the Eurovision stage. After the first show, six acts will remain. These six will then get another song that may win the right to represent Austria in the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015. The six remaining acts will be coached by three well-known German and Austrian artists: Nazar, Anna F and The BossHoss.
ORF stated that they have attempted to create a diverse mix for the first show, ranging from pop and alternative to chansons and rap.