The Belarusian public broadcaster, BTRC, will host a national selection for Junior Eurovision 2016 on August 26th to decide who will represent Belarus on November 20th in Valletta, Malta.
BTRC announced the final will take place at 21:00 CET and will be broadcast live on the TV channels Belarus 1 and Belarus 24, as well as on the official website of the media holding TVR.
A total of ten contestants were selected to take part in the competition. These artists were picked by a professional jury panel and the votes from the TV viewers last month.
According to the results of the draw, the contestants will perform in the following order:
- Maria Magilnaya – Zvuk Tishiny
- So-Ni-Ka – Pesenka Moya
- Elena Titova – Ne Prosto Tak
- Yulia Mozhilovskaya – Ver v Sebya
- Stefania Sokolova – Color Game (Tsventnaya Igra)
- Neskuchny Vozrast – Tyts Tyts
- Maria Zhilina – Vpripryzhku
- Zinaida Kupriyanovich – Kosmos
- Olga Konovalova – Serdtsa Bit
- Alexander Minenok – Muzyka Tvoikh Pobed
The show will feature a performance of last year’s Belarusian representative, Ruslan Aslanov, with the song Volshebstvo (Magic), which finished fourth in Sofia.
The winner of the national final, who will represent Belarus at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest on November 20th in Malta, will be determined by the vote of the jury and TV viewers.
Belarus has one of the best track records at Junior Eurovision, since their first appearance in 2003, they have achieved two victories in 2005 and 2007, and have managed to get in the top 5 seven times.