Alexander Minenok has won the Belarusian Junior Eurovision selection final and will now represent Belarus in Valletta this November.
A total of 10 songs competed in the selection televised live on BTRC in Minsk. Alexander will be performing the song “Muzyka Tvoikh Pobed” which translates as “Music Of My Victories” in English. The young singer from Minsk won the selection with a total of 20 points.
The running order for the show was:
- Maria Magilnaya – Zvuk Tishiny
- So-Ni-Ka – Pesenka Moya
- Elena Titova – Ne Prosto Tak
- Yulia Mozhilovskaya – Ver v Sebya
- Stefania Sokolova – Color Game (Tsventnaya Igra)
- Neskuchny Vozrast – Tyts Tyts
- Maria Zhilina – Vpripryzhku
- Zinaida Kupriyanovich – Kosmos
- Olga Konovalova – Serdtsa Bit
- Alexander Minenok – Muzyka Tvoikh Pobed
There was a tie between Alexander Minenok and Olga Konovalova, who got the highest scores from the jury and the audience respectively. However, the tie was broken by the jurors, who tipped the balance in favour of Alexander. The show was hosted by Olga Ryzhikova alongside with Teo, the Belarusian representative in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.
You can watch the winning performance below:
Was Alexander your favourite contestant? What are your thoughts on the song?
Comments on Junior Eurovision: Alexander Minenok will sing for Belarus