Earlier this morning, SVT announced the host cities for next year’s Melodifestivalen. All 6 cities have been apart of the 6 week long Swedish national final in the past, some with more frequency than others.
- Heat 1: Gothenburg (February 4th)
- Heat 2: Malmö (February 11th)
- Heat 3: Växjö (February 18th)
- Heat 4: Skellefteå (February 25th)
- Second chance: Linköping (March 4th)
- Final: Stockholm (March 11th)
Gothenburg, Malmö, and Stockholm all return as host cities from last year, while Växjö, Skellefteå, and Linköping all make a reappearance after last being a part of the Melodifestivalen tour in 2012, 2013, and 2014 respectively.
Comments on Melodifestivalen 2017: Host cities announced