The long wait to know who will be representing Ukraine at the Junior Eurovision is almost over: the chosen one will be selected on Saturday 10th. The artist who will represent Ukraine in the competition will be picked in a show that will be broadcast on UA:Pershiy, live from the Sky Family Park in Kyiv.
NTU has announced that the show will start at 11:00 CET and will also be streamed on their YouTube channel.
The winner will be determined by the votes of the jury –including, Mariya Burmaka, the Deputy Director General of NTU and Head of the Ukrainian delegation; Victoria Romanova, Oleksandr Ksenofontov, Vadym Lysystsya, and Valentyn Koval– and the votes of the audience.
These are the competing acts:
- Andriy Boyko – “Open your heart”
- Diana Sapozhko – “Tviy svit”
- Sofiya Shkidchenko – “Dolche Vita”
- Denys Dovirak and Natalya Sadova – “Ya chekayu dosi tvoho lysta”
- Yuliya Radchuk – “Moya zorya”
- Denys Rodin – “Ukrayina – mama moya”
- Sofiya Rolʹ – “Planet craves for love”
- Polina Dashkova – “Do Boha”
- Alisa Panchuk – “Pyy svoyi mriyi”
- Anastasiya Bahinsʹka – “Miy svit”
- Hurt “VoiceLand” – “Vidchyny svoye sertse”
- Sofiya Lozina– “Uhorsʹkyy tanok”
In addition to the twelve contestants, last year’s Ukrainian representative, Anna Trincher, who came eleventh in Sofia with her song ‘Pochny z sebe’, will make an appearance. Also, last year’s Eurovision hopeful Svetlana Tarabova will perform in the show.
The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016 will take place in Valletta, Malta, on November 20th, and 14 countries have confirmed their participation so far. Ukraine has only won the competition once, even though it has been four times in the top 5 and it has hosted the competition twice.