After various months of auditions in Ireland, the best 32 artists have been selected for the televised part of the Junior Eurovision Éire selection process. On Sunday 9th of October at 21:00 CET on TG4, the first 8 singers will perform their own original Irish language songs. However, only one of them will make it through to the final.
Competing this Sunday are:
- Hannah McNicholas Roche – “Titim as a Chéile”
- Amy Meehan – “Tapaigh An Deis”
- Walter McCabe – “Las Do Sholas”
- Bernadette Royo – “Bean Sí”
- Molly McCarthy – “Imithe Leis An Ghaoth”
- Jael Katebe-Wini – “An Ghrá i do Chroí”
- Cathal Gavin – “Seo hé Mo Ghlór”
- Susie Power – “Popsicle”
The jury will be composed of Fiachna O Braonain, Paulien Scanlon, and Jedward as the first guest judges.
Ireland first competed in Junior Eurovision last year, when they were represented by Aimee Banks with ‘Réalta na Mara’.