The first Irish junior finalist was selected last night during the first semi-final of Junior Eurovision Éire, the country’s selection process to choose their representative for Valletta. Eight singers performed their own original Irish language songs, and Walter McCabe with ‘Las Do Sholas’ won the first ticket to the Irish final that will take place on November 6th.
Among the 8 candidates, the jury -composed of Fiachna Ó Braonáin, Pauline Avalon and the guest judges Jedward- chose its two favourites, Hannah McNicholas and Walter McCabe, who had to compete in a sing-off.
- Hannah McNicholas Roche – “Titim as a Chéile”
- Amy Meehan – “Tapaigh An Deis”
- Walter McCabe – “Las Do Sholas”
- Bernadette Royo – “Bean Sí”
- Molly McCarthy – “Imithe Leis An Ghaoth”
- Jael Katebe-Wini – “An Ghrá i do Chroí”
- Cathal Gavin – “Seo hé Mo Ghlór”
- Susie Power – “Popsicle”
You can watch Walter’s performance below:
Comments on Ireland: Walter McCabe is the first finalist