SVT has finally revealed on their website which cities Melodifestivalen will hit on its 2018 tour.
With this announcement, we would likely see the announcement of the competing artists and entries towards the end of November.
New Cities still coming into play
The cities that will be hosting the 2018 contest are as follows:
- Karlstad – Löfbergs Arena – Semi Final 1 (3rd February)
- Gothenburg – Scandanavium – Semi Final 2 (10th February)
- Malmö – Malmö Arena – Semi Final 3 (17th February)
- Örnsköldsvik – Fjällräven Center – Semi Final 4 (24th February)
- Kristianstad – Kristianstad Arena – Andra Chansen (3rd March)
- Stockholm – Friends Arena – Finalen (10th March)
Veteran cities like Gothenburg and Malmö will play host to Melodifestivalen once again.
In addition to the current cities, Kristianstad will host their first Melodifestivalen.
Anette Helenius has mentioned on SVT that:
“It’s amazingly fun that after over fifteen years of the tour we will still be able to visit new cities like this year with Kristianstad.
We are looking forward to meeting our viewers in arenas from Skåne to Ångermanland, and it will be nice with the premiere in Karlstad, where we received a very good reception”
The tickets for the rehearsals and shows will be on sale from the 31st October at 09:00 CET
Are you excited about Melodifestivalen 2018? Will you be attending any of the shows next year? Let us know your opinions and thoughts below or at social media @ESCXTRA