SVT, Live Nation and Sveriges Radio have announced plans to host a Welcome Party in each of the Melodifestivalen cities. Held in the days before each final, these special events will include a red carpet with all the artists and a range of activities, all accessible to the public.
In previous years the welcome party in each Melodifestivalen city has been a closed event for the artists and press. Likely inspired by the Eurovision red carpet events and Eurovillage, the new Melodifestivalen Welcome Party will be an opportunity for the public to see and meet the competing artists in each host city as well as participate in various events.
City centre locations
Live Nation’s press release includes a schedule for each of the cities which you can view here. The city centre locations for each show are:
- Karlstad – Stora Torget (1 – 3 February)
- Göteborg – Nordstan (8 & 10 February)
- Malmö – Gustav Adolfs Torg (15 & 17 February)
- Örnsköldsvik – Stora Torget (22-24 February)
- Kristianstad – Rådhustorget (1 – 3 March)
- Stockholm – Mall of Scandinavia (7 & 10 March)
What do you think of the idea? Will you be attending any of the Melodifestivalen shows? Let us know in the comments below or on social media @escXtra