Portugal’s broadcaster RTP presented the artists competing in Festival da Canção 2018, country’s national selection for Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
Two artists with Eurovision experience
The competing artists include Anabela and José Cid who both represented Portugal in the contest before. Anabela represented the country in 1993 and finished tenth with “A cidade (até ser dia)”.
José Cid represented his home country twice in the contest, once solo and once with a group Alma Lusa. As a solo artist he finished seventh in 1980.
Festival da Canção 2018
- Peu Madureira – Só por ela (composer Diogo Clemente)
- Anabela – Para te dar abrigo (composer Fernando Tordo)
- Joana Barra Vaz – Anda Estragar-me os Planos (composer Francisca Cortesão)
- Janeiro – Oficialmente (sem título) (self-composition)
- Rui David – Sem Medo (composer Jorge Palma)
- José Cid & Gonçalo Tavares – O Som da Guitarra É a Alma de Um Povo (composer José Cid)
- JP Simões – Alvoroço (self-composition)
- Emmy Curl – Para Sorrir Não Preciso de Nada (composer Júlio Resende)
- Joana Espadinha – Zero a Zero (composer Luís Nunes (Benjamin))
- Beatriz Pessoa – Eu Te Amo (composer Mallu Magalhães)
- Bruno Vasconcelos – Austrália (composer Nuno Rafael)
- Maria Amaral – A Mesma Canção (composer Paulo Praça)
- Rita Dias – Com Gosto Amigo (self-composition)
- Susana Travassos – A Mensageira (composer Aline Frazão)
- Lili – O Voo das Cegonhas (composer Armando Teixeira)
- Sequin – All Over Again (composer Bruno Cardoso (Xinobi))
- TAMIN – Sobre Nós (composer Capicua)
- Daniela Onís – Para Lá Do Rio (self-composition)
- Diogo Piçarra – Canção do Fim (self-composition)
- David Pessoa – Amor Veloz (composer Francisco Rebelo)
- Cláudia Pascoal – O Jardim (composer Isaura)
- Dora Fidalgo – Arco-Íris (composer Miguel Ângelo)
- Minnie & Rhayra – Patati patata (composer Paulo Flores)
- Peter Serrado – Sunset (self-composition)
- Maria Inês Paris – Bandeira Azul (composer Tito Paris)
- Rita Marques – Anda daí (composer João Afonso)
Final on March 4th
The final of Festival da Canção 2018 will take place on March 4th. Before that two semifinals take place on February 18th and February 25th. Seven entries from each final will qualify to the final.
In addition to revealing the names of the singers and songs of each composer, RTP also released the names of the presenters of the two semifinals and the final of this year’s Festival da Canção. Jorge Gabriel and José Carlos Malato will host the first semifinal while Sónia Araújo and Tânia Ribas de Oliveira will host the second semifinal. The final will be hosted by Filomena Cautela and Pedro Fernandes.
What do you think about the artists taking part? Who is getting you most excited? Let us know below or on social media @ESCXTRA!