On Saturday 3rd February Latvia will kick off their national selection process with Supernova 2018. Now LTV, the Latvian broadcaster, announced changes in the format and the hosts for the upcoming shows. The final of Supernova 2018 will take place on the 24th February.
The hosts of Supernova 2018
Justs and Dagmāra Legante will host the three semi-finals and the final of the Latvian national selection. Justs represented Latvia in 2016 with his entry “Heartbeat”. He won the second edition of Supernova. Justs finished in 15th place in the grand final of Stockholm. Dagmāra Legante is a TV personality and model. There will also be a live stream with input from the social media. This will be hosted by Toms Grēviņš and Edgars Bāliņs.
New this year is, that Latvian viewers can only cast one vote via phone or text. Spotify streams will be used like last year as part of the public vote. Nevertheless, the jury led by DJ Rudd will also have their say in the results. Two songs of each semi-final will make it to the final on the 24th February.
The acts of Supernova 2018
- Agnese Stengrevics – You Are My World
- Liene Greifāne – Walk the Talk
- MIONIA – You
- Laura Rizzotto – Funny Girl
- MADARA – Esamība
- Katrine Lukins – Running Red Lights
- Monta – 1000 Roses
- Jenny May – Soledad
- Markus Riva – This Time
- Edgars Kreilis – Younger Days
- Ritvars – Who’s Counting
- Lauris Valters – Lovers Bliss
- Ed Rallidae – What I Had With You
- In My Head – Sunset
- DVINES – More Than Meets the Eye
- Hypnotic – Pray
- Sudden Lights – Just Fine
- Kris & Oz – Morning Flight
- Rahu The Fool – Oh Longriver!
- Riga Reggae – STOP THE WAR U2
- Katrina Gupallo & The Black Birds – Intoxicating Caramel
Who is your favorite to represent Latvia in Eurovision? Moreover, will you watch Supernova 2018? Let us know in the comments below or on social media @ESCXTRA.
Last year Latvia was represented by Triana Park and “Line”!