Rasmussen has just won the Danish Melodi Grand Prix and will represent Denmark at Eurovision 2018 with the song “Higher Ground”
Ten participants competed for the right to represent Denmark in Lisbon in a two-hour long show. After the first round of voting three of the participants proceeded to the super final. After a second vote Rasmussen was crowned the winner with loadsa points.
The results of the super final were:
- Rasmussen – Higher Ground (50%)
- Anna Ritsmar – Starlight (31%)
- Albin Fredy – Music for the Road (19%)
Check out what our predictions were before the show
The ten participants were:
- Ditte Marie – Riot
- Anna Ritsmar – Starlight
- Rasmussen – Higher Ground
- Sannie – Boys on Girls
- Sandra – Angels to My Battlefield
- Lasse Meling – Unfound
- CARLSEN – Standing Up for Love
- KARUI – Signals
- Rikke Ganer-Tolsøe – Holder fast i ingenting
- Albin Fredy – Music for the Road
Denmark in 2017
Last year Anja Nissen won the 2017 Danish Melodi Grand Prix with her song ‘Who I Am’, going on to represent Denmark at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv. Anja qualified for the grand final and finished 20th with 77 points.
What do you think of the winner? Can Denmark improve on their 2017 result? Let us know in the comments below or on social media @escXtra !
Comments on Rasmussen chosen to represent Denmark at Eurovision 2018