Poland have chosen their entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Gromee ft. Lukas Meijer won tonight’s Krajowe Eliminacje. They will perform “Light Me Up” in Lisbon.
Happy Prince win jury vote
Gromee’s victory wasn’t an easy one. They placed third in the jury vote. Jury member Jan Borysewicz gave the duo just three points, meaning they lost quite a bit of ground. Ifi Ude placed second with her “Love Is Stronger”. The clear winner was “Don’t Let Go” by Happy Prince.
After converting these points, the televote points were added. The top score of twelve points then went to Gromee & Lukas Meijer, who overtook both Ifi Ude and Happy Prince with that score. Monika Urlik placed second in the televoting. Jury winners Happy Prince only finished fourth in the televoting.
Below, you can see the full scoreboard of tonight’s Polish national final:
- Gromee ft. Lukas Meijer – Light Me Up: 20 points
- Happy Prince – Don’t Let Go: 19 points
- Monika Urlik – Momentum: 17 points
- Ifi Ude – Love Is Stronger: 16 points
- Marta Gałuszewska – Why Don’t We Go: 14 points
- Saszan – Nie chcę ciebie mniej: 9 points
- Maja Hyży – Błysk: 7 points
- Future Folk – Krakowiacy I Górale: 7 points
- Isabell Otrebus – Delirium: 5 points
- Pablosson – Sunflower: 2 points
Chart momentum for Gromee
Gromee’s victory is not the biggest surprise of the night. The song had been gaining momentum in the past few weeks. Since its release on YouTube, the song scored over 1.2 million views already.
What do you think about Poland’s entry for Lisbon? Were Gromee ft. Lukas Meijer the right choice for Eurovision? Let us know what you think about “Light Me Up” below!