It’s taken them six weeks, but Sweden have found their entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. Benjamin Ingrosso has won Melodifestivalen 2018 with the song “Dance You Off”.
Juries want Benjamin
The international juries were clear in their votes. Benjamin Ingrosso took an early and deciding lead. Following him, Felix Sandman and John Lundvik stayed close. Margaret and Samir & Viktor also picked up twelve points from a jury in the night. Although, it has to be noted that Margaret’s twelve came from Poland. The new voting system in Melodifestivalen paid off for many acts. With the juries voting for ten acts, all acts except Méndez reached double figures.
With the knowledge that last year’s televoting spread was really small, Benjamin Ingrosso already looked like a sure winner after the juries. Last year, the difference in points between the first and last placed act in the Melodifestivalen final was just 27 points.
Televoting chooses Benjamin Ingrosso too
After Caroline af Ugglas had performed her interval, a cover of “I Can’t Go On”, which represent Sweden in Kyiv, it was time for the televoting results. Méndez, Felix and Benjamin then made up the top three.
Full results below:
- Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off: 114 + 67 = 181 points
- Felix Sandman – Every Single Day: 94 + 64 = 158 points
- John Lundvik – My Turn: 66 + 62 = 128 points
- Samir & Viktor – Shuffla: 54 + 60 = 114 points
- Mariette – For You: 64 + 49 = 113 points
- LIAMOO – Last Breath: 52 + 53 = 105 points
- Margaret – In My Cabana: 62 + 41 = 103 points
- Martin Almgren – A Bitter Lullaby: 43 + 41 = 84 points
- Renaida – All The Feels: 30 + 51 = 81 points
- Rolandz – Fuldans: 24 + 51 = 75 points
- Jessica Andersson – Party Voice: 33 + 37 = 70 points
- Méndez – Everyday: 2 + 62 = 64 points
Comments on Benjamin Ingrosso wins Melodifestivalen and will go to Lisbon