Going back to her soul roots, Australia’s Eurovision 2016 runner-up Dami Im releases new single ‘Dreamer’. Giving a sneak preview of the new Live Sessions EP.
Dami Im dares to dream on ‘Dreamer’
Following recent success with the Classic Carpenters cover album and putting a jazzy spin on much loved classics in I Hear A Song, Dami is back and once more taking us on a musical adventure. New song ‘Dreamer’ is an emotional track, blending Dami’s powerful voice with a luscious piano melody. As Dami expresses the struggles of fighting for your goals, the song builds into an inspiring Gospel anthem.
Although ‘Dreamer’ is available now, the Dami Army will have to wait until 11th January for the full Live Sessions EP. However keen fans can pre-order the EP, which includes the early access to ‘Dreamer’. Also available on iTunes at this link.
After being inspired by Nashville during the recording of 2018 album I Hear A Song, new EP Live Sessions will again take a stripped back approach. The six track EP leads with ‘Dreamer’, alongside Dami’s popular classics ‘Super Love’ and the Eurovision entry ‘Sound of Silence’ that almost gave Australia its first victory. Also included are ‘Like A Cello’ and ‘I Hear A Song’ from the album of the same name. As well as this, there is also a cover of ‘Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)’. These have all been lovingly reimagined as live recordings, with Dami’s voice and gentle acoustic piano melodies. Thus coming full circle back to Dami’s early beginnings studying Classical music and being a Gospel singer for Christian youth camps.
Dreamer Tour announced for 2019
No new release is complete without a tour, and so Dami will be taking to the road once more. The Dreamer Tour kicks off 2nd August 2019 in Ballina, NSW, touring throughout Australia before concluding 26th October 2019 in Belmont, NSW.
- 2nd August: Ballina, NSW (RSL)
- 3rd August: Grafton, NSW (Saraton Theatre)
- 9th August: Orange, NSW (Civic Theatre)
- 10th August: Dubbo, NSW (RSL)
- 16th August: Armidale, NSW (RSL)
- 17th August: Forster, NSW (Club Forster)
- 23rd August: Wagga Wagga, NSW (Civic Theatre)
- 24th August: Albury, NSW (Entertainment Centre)
- 30th August: Thirroul, NSW (Anita’s Theatre)
- 31st August: Canberra, ACT (Southern Cross Club)
- 6th September: Wyong, NSW (Arthouse)
- 7th September: Port Macquarie, NSW (Panthers)
- 27th September: Melbourne, VIC (The Palms At Crown)
- 28th September: Ballarat, VIC (Wendouree Centre For Performing Arts)
- 4th October: Warrnambool, VIC (Lighthouse Theatre)
- 5th October: Horsham, VIC (Town Hall)
- 6th October: Bendigo, VIC (Capital Theatre)
- 19th October: Brisbane, QLD (The Tivoli)
- 24th October: Sydney, NSW (Metro Theatre)
- 25th October: Nelson Bay, NSW (Nelson Bay Diggers)
- 26th October: Belmont NSW (Belmont 16s)
Tickets go on sale 1st December 2018 and are available to purchase through Dami Im’s official webpage here.
Dami Im in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016
After a whirlwind victory, being guided by Dannii Minogue in the 2013 series of X Factor Australia, the Korean-born Australian chart-topper was internally selected by SBS for the 2016 edition of the Eurovision Song Contest. Coming together in Stockholm, Dami’s soaring vocals earned Australia its best result in the contest to date. The anthemic pop-ballad ‘Sound of Silence’ finished in second place with 511 points. Just 24 points short of taking victory. A jury favourite and always popular with the fans, ‘Sound of Silence’ also took the coveted Composer Award in the Marcel Bezençon Awards.
Are you dreaming of ‘Dreamer’? Will you be seeing Dami Im on tour? Let us know in the comments and on social media @ESCXTRA