After receiving a selection of songs during the submission period, Spanish broadcaster RTVE has revealed the 17 entries that have been selected to compete in next month’s Eurovision Gala. RTVE has attracted entries both from newcomers and established artists, with OT 2017 entrant Cepeda and 2014 Eurovision Spanish representative Ruth Lorenzo confirming their entries have been rejected.
17 Competing entries for 13 Competing Artists
- Alba – “¿Qué será luego?” (What will be next?)
- Carlos Right – “Se te nota” (It shows/Everyone can tell)
- Carlos Right – “Nunca fui” (I was never)
- Damion – “Sale” (It comes out)
- Famous – “No puedo más” (I can’t anymore)
- Joan and Marilia – “A tu lado” (By your side)
- Julia – “¿Qué quieres que haga?” (What do you want me to do?)
- María – “Muérdeme” (Bite me)
- Marilia – “Todo bien” (All good)
- Marta – “Vuelve” (Come back)
- Miki – “La venda” (The blindfold)
- Miki – “El equilibrio” (The equilibrium)
- Miki and Natalia – “Nadie se salva” (Nobody’s safe)
- Natalia – “La clave” (The key)
- Noelia – “Hoy vuelvo a reir otra vez” (I’m laughing again today)
- Sabela – “Dímelo de frente” (Say it to me directly)
- Sabela – “Hoy soñaré” (I’ll dream today)
What happens next?
According to RTVE’s statement, the OT Eurovision Gala contenders will record one minute of their allocated entries in the next few days . These recordings will then be published on RTVE’s website on December 19-20, during the broadcast of the Grand Final of OT 2018. From that moment, users will be able to vote their three favourite songs daily.
The online voting will be closed to the public at 23:59 on January 2, 2019. The three songs with the most amount of online votes will get a spot in the OT Eurovision Gala. A jury consisting of 2 Member of RTVE, and 2 professors at the academy will decide the remaining seven entries participating at the gala.
Spain at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018
Alfred and Amaia were selected to represent Spain in Lisbon with their song ‘Tu Canción“. As a member of the Big Five, Spain automatically qualified for the Grand Final.
Despite being a favourite among the Eurovision fans and Spanish fans, the couple finished 23rd in the Grand Final with 61 Points.
Are you excited to hear the one minute clips of the OT Eurovision Gala contestants? Which entry are you looking forward to hearing? Let us know your opinions and thoughts below or at social media @ESCXTRA