Russia has confirmed that they will be participating in next year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest, which will take place in Poland. They are already starting preparations; they are currently looking for entries for their National Final, which is due to take place in June 2019.
How Russia will select their act for Poland
There are three stages to how Russia will select their representative for Poland, they are as follows:
- Submission of Entries – Karusel and Igor Krutoy Academy is now taking applications for those interested in representing Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest.
- Assessing the entries – then, a jury will assess the submitted entries and select the shortlist.
- National final – A National Final will then take place on June 1 to select their act.
The entries being submitted to Karusel and Igor Krutoy Academy must meet the following criteria:
- The song must not have been commercially released before May 1, 2019.
- It must not exceed 3 minutes in length, but also must not be shorter than 2 minutes 50 seconds.
- The song must have at least one verse and one chorus in Russian.
- Up to 40% of the total words can be in English.
National Final to take place on June 1
As with this year, Russia will be hosting their National Final on June 1, at ARTEK in Crimea. Once again, Russia’s entrant will be selected through a combination of online voting and a jury.
Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018
After undertaking a national final to select their representative in Minsk, Russia selected Anna Filipchuk to represent them in Belarus with her song ‘Unbreakable‘, after she garnered the most votes from the
In Minsk, Anna placed tenth at the competition, thus, continuing Russia’s continuous placing within the top ten. She managed to place 11th in the jury vote with 60 points and 7th in the online vote with 62 points.
Are you excited that Russia will be participating in next year’s competition? Is there any one who you would like to participate and represent Russia in Poland next year? Let us know your opinions and thoughts below or at social media @ESCXTRA