Today the German Head of Delegation, Christoph Pellander, and ARD-Entertainment-Coordinator. Thomas Schreiber, held a press conference to reveal more details about the German national final taking place next month. Everything that went down in the press conference can be found below.
“Unser Lied für Israel” to take place on February 22nd in Berlin
In the press conference it was revealed, that this year’s national final in Germany will not take place on a Thursday, but on a Friday. February 22nd is the day, when Germany will pick their representative. The show will take place in Berlin and starts at 20:15 and lasts for two hours. Aly Ryan, BB Thomaz, Linus Bruhn, Gregor Hägele, Lilly Among Clouds and Makeda and a new announced act will compete to win the right to represent Germany in the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv!
New act? Correct! The duo Sisters (Carlotta Truman & Laurita) will join the line-up for the German national final. It was previously announced that up to two complete acts might join the line-up after the panels rated all the acts and songs. Complete acts mean, that artists apply for the national selection with a certain song and already have an idea for the performance.
The line-up (not in running order):
- Aly Ryan – Wear your love (Lyrics & music: Aly Ryan, Michelle Leonard, Thomas Stengaard, Tamara Olorga)
- BB Thomaz – Demons (Lyrics & music: BB Thomaz, Andrew Tyler, Ricardo Bettiol, Tim Schou)
- Linus Bruhn – Our city (Music: Linus Bruhn, Dave Roth, Pat Benzner, Serhat Sakin, Simon Reichardt. Lyrics: Linus Bruhn, Dave Roth, Pat Benzner, Serhat Sakin, Gianna Roth)
- Gregor Hägele – Let me go (Music & lyrics : Gregor Hägele, Jonas Shandel, David Jürgens, Tamara Olorga)
- Sisters – Sister (Music & lyrics: Laurell Barker, Marine Kaltenbacher, Tom Oehler, Thomas Stengaard)
- Lilly Among Clouds – Surprise (Lyrics: Elisabeth Brüchner, Music: Elisabeth Brüchner, Udo Rinklin)
- Makeda – The day I loved you most (Music & lyrics: Makeda, Tim Uhlenbrock, Kelvin Jones, Kristine Bogan)
The song “Sister” was send to the NDR without an act. After the song received great feedback from the panels, the producers started looking for the artists. Laurita took part in the national selection process last year, but couldn’t make it to the live show.
The songs will be released on the day of the show! Interval acts for the show will be announced next week.
Find out more about the acts in our guide HERE.
Barbara Schöneberger returns as host
Barbara Schöneberger returns to host the German national final. Last year she already agreed to another job, before the date for the national final was announced. Linda Zervakis (50% of last year’s host duo) will join her to guide through the show on February 22nd.
The winner will be selected like last year. 1/3 televoting, expert jury and Eurovision jury. Everyone will make their ranking based on the live performances that evening. 965 artists applied to represent Germany and now we have the final line-up.
Tickets for the show go on sale on January 10 for 39 € and are available here: tvtickets.de
This year Germany was represented by Michael Schulte and his song “You Let Me Walk Alone”! He achieved an amazing 4th place in Lisbon. Let’s see, who will follow him!