This afternoon, France Télévisions, through the social media account “Eurovision France”, revealed the names of the first five jurors who will vote in Destination Eurovision this Saturday.
In Destination Eurovision 2019, all three shows will have a jury of international experts who will be voting for their favorite songs, their points accounting for 50% of the total (the rest being televote points). Both semi-finals will have a jury of five juror, and the final will have a jury of ten international experts. None of these juries will have the same countries represented, and as such, each juror will only vote once, in only one show.
The jurors for the first semi-final
The first semi-final of Destination Eurovision 2019 will be broadcast live this week-end, on Saturday 12th, at 9pm CET, and last just under three hours. The lineup was revealed last week, and we now have the names of the international jurors. Those are:
- 🇦🇲 David Tserunyan, Head of the Armenian Delegation, Junior Eurovision producer and songwriter (Armenia 2017, in both ESC and JESC)
- 🇮🇱 Tali Eshkoli, Eurovision 2019 co-producer and creator/producer of the Israel Calling pre-party
- 🇬🇧 Paul Jordan, aka “Dr. Eurovision”, Eurovision specialist for the BBC
- 🇷🇸 Sanja Vučić, Serbian representative in Stockholm 2016, already an international juror for Eurovision Song CZ 2018
- 🇵🇹 Carla Bughalo, Eurovision 2018 co-producer and current member of the Eurovision Reference Group
Those jurors will help in deciding which four entries will qualify from the first semi-final to the final. None of them will vote later in the selection, and neither will anyone from their country : there will not be an Israeli juror in the final or an Armenian juror in the second semi-final, for example.
However, there will be in all shows an “Expert Jury” of French singers/songwriters (André Manoukian, Vitaa and Christophe Willem) who will give their opinion on each performance, but will not vote.
Don’t forget to check our original and comprehensive guide of all the artists and songwriters from Destination Eurovision 2019! Also, do check our Twitter account during the show this Saturday, if you want to know what the French expert jury says of each performance!
What do you think of the jurors? Are they well-chosen? Who might they favour in the semi-final? Tell us more in the comments below or on social media at @escxtra !