Last weekend the first six acts advanced to the semi finals of Eurovizijos Atranka 2019. Now the national jury has given the results for heat two, which will be broadcast 19th January.
As the broadcasts are pre-recorded in the early stages of the national final, the jury results of the second heat of Eurovizijos Atranka 2019 have been revealed. Thirteen acts are contesting the second heat and the jury votes are as follows:
- Justina Budaitė-Juna – ‘Strength of A Woman’ (Donatas Montvydas, Gytis Valickas-Echoes, Glenda “Gizzle” Proby) – 12 points
- Edgaras Lubys – ‘To The Sky’ (Edgaras Lubys) – 10 points
- Lukas Bartaška – ‘River of Hope’ (Lukas Bartaška, Giedrius Misiūnas) – 8 points
- Paola Hart – ‘I’ll Be Alright’ (Saxtone, Paulina Paulauskaitė) – 8 points
- Emilija Gogolytė – ‘Riddle’ (Sara Sangfelt, Ian Curnow, Ina Reni Alexandrow) – 6 points
- Gražvydas Sidiniauskas – ‘Another Movie’ (A. S. Engen, Janieck Devy, Radboud Miedema, Fabrizio Levita) – 5 points
- Giedrius Nakas – ‘Klaidos’ (Mistakes) (Giedrius Nakas) – 4 points
- Original Copy – ‘Power of Sounds’ (Ieva Ščerbinskaitė) – 3 points
- Justina Žukauskaitė – ‘Hit Me Harder’ (Vytautas Karpauskas, Justina Žukauskaitė) – 2 points
- Donata & BingBang – ‘Doing The Loop’ (Lise Cabble, Christopher Wortley, DWB) – 1 point
- Tiramisu – ‘The Smell of Your Eyes’ (Martyna Rudelytė, Egidijus Lisovoj) – 0 points
- BANZZZAI – ‘I Don’t Care’ (Martynas Puchovičius, Paulius Šinkūnas) – 0 points
- Valdas Lacko – ‘Dare’ (Niklas Bergqvist, Simon Johansson, Malin Bergqvist) – 0 points
This comprises 50% of the total score. With the remaining 50% coming from the public televote. The top six will progress to the semi finals next month. Heat two will air Saturday 19th January at 21:00 local time. Or at 20:00 CET and 19:00 GMT for international viewers.
Any names to look out for?
Most notable on the list is Justina Budaitė-Juna and especially her songwriting team. With the jury twelve already, she is a clear favourite. Many will recognise Donatas Montvydas (Donny Montell) from Eurovision 2012 and 2016. One of Lithuania’s most successful artists. Recently Donny has turned his craft to songwriting for other artists in the national final. Last year he, along with Gytis Valickas-Echoes (Echoes World) worked on Paula Valentaitė’s entry ‘1 2 3‘. Justina Budaitė-Juna won the third series of The Voice Lithuania, where Donny was also her coach.
Other names to watch out for include Paola Hart who came third in the fourth series of X Factor Lithuania. Donata, Edgaras Lubys, Gražvydas Sidiniauskas, Justina Žukauskaitė and Valdas Lacko all have past Eurovizijos experience. Amongst the composers is also Lise Cabble who is best known for writing Emmelie de Forest’s Eurovision winning entry ‘Only Teardrops’.
Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
2019 will mark Lithuania’s 20th appearance in the contest, having made their debut in 1994. Their first entrant Ovidijus Vyšniauskas with ‘Lopšinė mylimai’ failed to leave a lasting impression on Europe. Finishing last with the dreaded nil points. However that didn’t deter the plucky Baltic nation. Who after some early stop starts, have attended every year since 2004. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 with LT United and ‘We Are The Winners’. Despite the name, LT United could only manage 6th. Waiting for that night for a decade, Lithuania’s only other top 10 came in 2016 when Donny Montell finished 9th with ‘I’ve Been Waiting For This Night’. In the new voting system, this is Lithuania’s highest points total with 200. Since the introduction of the semi finals Lithuania have qualified in 9 out of 15 attempts.
Which Eurovizijos Atranka acts are you excited for? Let us know in the comments and on social media @ESCXTRA