The broadcaster responsible for the Spanish participation in the Eurovision Song Contest, RTVE have announced the panel that will sit and judge the acts on the OT Eurovision Gala. They have also announce that last years Runner-Up and Cypriot representative, Eleni Foureira will perform as the guest act to sing “Fuego”.
The panel are as follows:- Tony Aguilar, Pastora Soler, Doron Medalie and Manuel Martos.
Who is Tony Aguilar?
Tony is a popular Spanish DJ on the Spanish radio station Los 40. He hosts the Los 40 Global Show. The show is broadcast to over 12 (mainly Spanish speaking) countries around the world. His association with Eurovision came in 2018 when he commentated on the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal for Spain.
Who is Pastora Soler?
Pastora Soler represented Spain in in Baku, Azerbaijan with the song “Quédate conmigo”. She came in Tenth-Place with 97 points. Despite this, the song has become a huge fan favourite thanks to her stunning performance and therefore is now ever-present in the Top-10 of the fan voted #ESC250 end of the year polls.
Who is Doron Medalie?
Doron Medalie is a famous and successful Israeli songwriter. Medalie was the director of the Israeli entries in 2008, 2010 and 2013. Doron first became the songwriter in 2015 with Nadav Guedj’s “Golden Boy”. Guedj finished in Ninth-Place with 97 points. He returned a year later when he wrote “Made Of Stars” sang by Hovi Star. The song came in Fourteenth-Place with 135 points. Perhaps his biggest achievement came in 2018 when he along with Stav Berger wrote “Toy” for Netta Barzilai. The song went on to win the contest in Lisbon with 529 points.
Who is Manuel Martos?
He is the regular judge on Operacion Triunfo and has appeared on every episode since it’s revival in 2017. Manuel is also the executive producer of Universal Music Spain and helped launch the careers of many famous Spanish stars for example Pablo Lopez. Martos also worked on the movie sountracks of High School Musical 2 and 3.
The 10 songs that are competing to represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest in Tel-Aviv, Israel are:-
- Sabela – “Hoy soñaré”, (Jesús Cañadilla and Alejandro de Pinedo)
- Noelia – “Hoy vuelvo a reír otra vez”, (Jacobo Calderón and Álex Ubago)
- Natalia – “La clave”, (Merche and Ander Pérez, Nuria Azzouzi and Rosa Martínez)
- Miki – “La venda”, (Adriá Salas of La Pegatina)
- Maria – “Muérdeme”, (Juan Luis Suárez, David Feito, from El Sueño de Morfeo, Victoria Riba, Nuria Azzouzi and Rosa Martínez)
- Natalia y Miki – “Nadie se salva”, (María Peláe, Nil Moliner and Javi Garabatto)
- Famous – “No puedo más”, (Leroy Sánchez, Louis Biancaniello and Nolan Sipe)
- Julia – “Qué quieres que haga”, (David Santisteban and India Martínez)
- Carlos Right – “Se te nota”, (Juan Pablo Isaza and Juan Pablo Villamil, of Morat)
- Marilia – “Todo bien”, (Sananda, Chris Wahle, Andreas Öhrn and Juan Carlos Fuguet López)
The Spanish National Final Operacion Triunfo: Gala Eurovision 2019 will take place on Sunday 20th January on La 1.
What do you think of the jury? Are you excited to see Eleni perform again? Tell us in the comments below or contact us on @escxtra on all platforms.