Yesterday evening the filming of heat three of Lithuania’s national selection Eurovizijos Atranka took place. The national jury have given their results for the show which will be broadcast 26th January.
As the broadcasts are pre-recorded in the early stages of the national final, the jury results of the third heat of Eurovizijos Atranka 2019 have been revealed. Thirteen acts are contesting the second heat and the jury votes are as follows:
- Jurijus – ‘Run With The Lions’ (Ashley Hicklin, Eric Lumiere, Pele Loriano) – 12 points
- Monika Marija – ‘Criminal’ (Benny Jansson, Monika Marija Paulauskaitė, Thomas Karlsson, Mahan Moin) – 10 points
- Cheri – ‘Again’ (Viktorija Vyšniauskaitė, V. Puzyriov) – 8 points
- Jurgis DID & Erica Jennings – ‘Sing!’ (Jurgis Didžiulis, Erica Jennings) – 8 points
- Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio dantys – ‘Mažulė’ ( Martynas Enčius) – 6 points
- Jurgis Brūzga – ‘CTRL ALT DELETE’ (Kasparas Meginis, Edgaras Žaltauskas, Jurgis Brūzga, Andrius Kairys) – 5 points
- Dagna – ‘The Rush’ (L. Janušaitis, L. Lombard) – 4 points
- Sofi – ‘My 7th Life’ (F. Buba, Charlie Mason, Rike Boomgaarden, Marcus Brosch) – 3 points
- Kali – ‘Don‘t B3long’ (K. Talutis, Arvydas Krikščikas) – 2 points
- Voldemars Petersons – ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (Ashley Hicklin, Becky Jerams, Christopher Wortley) – 2 points
- La Forza – ‘Leisk tave paguosti’ (Stanislovas Stavickis-Stano) – 0 points
- Laimingu būti lengva – ‘Pasaulio vidury’ (A. Pakšys) – 0 points
- 120 – ‘No Doubt’ (Deivydas Zvonkus, D. Laukys , Š. Januškevičius) – 0 points
This comprises 50% of the total score. With the remaining 50% coming from the public televote. The top six will progress to the semi finals next month. Heat three will air Saturday 26th January at 21:00 local time. Or at 20:00 CET and 19:00 GMT for international viewers.
Who’s who in heat three
Most notable are Monika Marija, with the first of her two entries. As well as the recent inclusions of Erica Jennings alongside her husband Jurgis DID and X Factor winners 120. Which we reported in more depth earlier this week. Others to look out for are Jurijus, who has a wealth of Eurovizijos experience and is the early frontrunner with the jury twelve. Another to keep track of is Jurgis Brūzga. Last year he finished runner-up to Ieva Zasimauskaitė with his funky bop ‘4Love‘.
Amongst the composers are Eurovision alumni in the form of Ashley Hinklin who co-wrote the entries for Belgium 2010 and 2014. Also Charlie Mason whose biggest success comes in the form of co-writing Austria’s 2014 winning Eurovision entry, Conchita Wurst’s ‘Rise Like A Phoenix’. Of course Melodifestivalen fans will spot Mahan Moin as part of Monika Marija’s team. She returns following her Lisbon adventures as composer and backing vocalist on Poland’s entry ‘Light Me Up’.
One name in particular that is interesting is Eric Lumiere. He shot to fame in the late 00s with the Trance anthem, called rather appropriately, ‘Anthem‘ alongside Filo & Peri. Since then he has achieved Billboard Dance chart success and been a leader in the Dutch EDM music scene. More recently he also appeared in UK Eurovision 2017 selection, co-writing Nate Simpson’s ‘What Are We Made Of’.
Make sure to tune in for heat two this Saturday! Who are your favourites in Eurovizijos Atranka? Let us know in the comments and on social media @ESCXTRA