Ahead of the first semi-final on the 16th of February, Portuguese broadcaster RTP have released the 16 entries competing for the Portuguese ticket to Lisbon. As promised, the selection is one of the more stylistically-diverse in recent years!
Back in November, RTP revealed that they received 200 songs for this year’s selection. The following month, they revealed the names of the 16 composers for the entries, along with confirming the dates. Although FdC usually takes place on Sundays, RTP have decided to move to Saturdays for this year’s edition. The dates are as follows:
- 16/02/2019 – Festival da Cançao Semi-final 1
- 23/02/2019 – Festival da Cançao Semi-final 2
- 02/03/2019 – Festival da Cançao Grand Final
The running orders for the semis are yet to be announced, but the entries (linked below) have been assorted according to the semi allocation.
The 16 FdC entries
- Ana Cláudia – Inércia
- Calema – A Dois
- Conan Osíris – Telemóveis
- Ela Limão – Mais Brilhante Que Mil Sóis
- Filipe Keil – Hoje
- João Campos – É o Que É
- Matay – Perfeito
- Soraia Tavares – O Meu Sonho
- Dan Riverman – Lava
- Lara Iaquiz – O Lugar
- Madrepaz – Mundo a Mudar
- Mariana Bragada – Mar Doce
- NBC – Igual a Ti
- Marlon – O Jantar
- Mila Dores – Debaixo do Luar
- Surma – Pugna
The 16 entries are also available in a YouTube playlist.
Also revealed at the press conference today were the six hosts, two per show. Among them was Filomena Cautela, who co-hosted the 2018 contest in Lisbon last year. Prior to this, she had hosted numerous editions of the festival.
A total of six hosts will be presenting the upcoming Portuguese national selection; namely 2 hosts per show:
- Sónia Araújo & Tânia Ribas de Oliveira (Semi-final 1)
- Jorge Gabriel & José Carlos Malato (Semi-final 2)
- Filomena Cautela &Vasco Palmeirim (Grand Final)
Inês Lopes Gonçalves will be the Green Room host during all three shows.
Which are your standouts? Do you think we’ll be seeing Portugal make its third consecutive appearance in the Eurovision grand final? Let us know! Be sure to follow @ESCXTRA on Twitter and like our Facebook page for the latest updates!