BBC revealed the six artists and three songs competing in this year’s Eurovision: You Decide. As in previous years, the songs were also premiered on the Ken Bruce show.W
Eurovision: You Decide 2019
- Michael Rice – Bigger Than Us (Laurell Barker, Anna-Klara Folin, John Lundvik and Jonas Thander)
- Holly Tandy – Bigger Than Us (Laurell Barker, Anna-Klara Folin, John Lundvik and Jonas Thander)
- Jordan Clarke – Freaks (Jon Maguire, Rick Parkhouse, Corey Sanders and George Tizzard)
- MAID – Freaks (Jon Maguire, Rick Parkhouse, Corey Sanders and George Tizzard)
- Kerrie-Anne – Sweet Lies (Maria Broberg, Lise Cabble and Esben Svane)
- Anisa – Sweet Lies (Maria Broberg, Lise Cabble and Esben Svane)
Who are the artists?
21-year-old Michael Rice won BBC’s All Together Now in 2018. He came to the attention of the wider public through a viral video of him busking.
Holly Tandy is from Barnsley, South Yorkshire and took part in The X Factor in 2017. She was mentored by Sharon Osbourne and eventually finished 7th in the competition.
24-year-old Jordan Clarke has released some music in the past, including “Parachute” in 2014. He was also a member of the group The Luminities, who took part in Britain’s Got Talent in 2013.
MAID is a three-piece girl group. Blythe, Miracle and Kat formed the group in 2018 when they met in drama school. They are currently writing their first EP.
32-year-old Kerrie-Anne Phillips took part in The X Factor in 2015. She was eliminated just before the finals, at the judges houses. She was mentored by Simon Cowell.
Anisa is from Manchester and has released couple singles before Eurovision: You Decide. Her latest single “Be My Star” was released in 2018. She has also written songs for Ariana Grande and Sweden’s Eurovision 2016 representative Frans.
United Kingdom in Eurovision 2019
For the fourth year in a row, BBC is choosing their representative through national selection. This time six artists take part with two artists singing the same song in their own style.
The final of Eurovision: You Decide 2019 will take place on February 8th. Eurovision 2015 winner Måns Zelmerlöw and Mel Giedroyc will return as hosts.
What do you think about the songs? Let us know on social media @ESCXTRA!