Two days before the final of the French National Selection, which should give us the third entry for Eurovision 2019, the names of the international jurors who will give half of the points have been revealed online.
Sébastien Barké, a French Eurovision specialist, tweeted the full list this morning.
While, as it was announced, no juror here has voted in the semi-finals, one country has already voted in one : Israel, during the first semi-final (although the juror was different).
- 🇦🇱 Rona Nishliu (Albania) – Albanian representative at Eurovision 2012 in Baku
- 🇩🇪 Cristoph Pellander (Germany) – Head of the German Delegation
- 🇧🇾 Olga Salamakah (Belarus) – JESC 2018 producer, Destination Eurovision 2018 international juror
- 🇨🇾 Alexandros Panayi (Cyprus) – Cypriot representative at Eurovision 1995 & 2000, backing vocalist and vocal director for many acts, including some from the “Dream Team”
- 🇪🇸 Beatriz Luengo (Spain) – Spanish artist, dancer and actor, known for her leading part in Spanish TV Drama Un paso aledante (also known as Un, dos, tres or One Step Forward)
- 🇮🇪 Michael Kealy (Ireland) – Executive Producer for RTÉ
- 🇮🇱 Doron Medalie (Israel) – Writer and composer of “Toy” (Israel 2018)
- 🇮🇹 Nicola Caligiore (Italy) – Head of the Italian Delegation, elected member of the Eurovision Reference Group and Destination Eurovision 2018 international juror
- 🇷🇺 Ekaterina Orlova (Russia) – Music shows producer
- 🇨🇭 Reto Peritz (Switzerland) – Head of the Swiss Delegation
Normally, each juror will give points to their top 6 acts, like in the semi-finals. The sixth will get 2 points, the fifth will get 4 points, then 6, 8, 10 and 12 for the favorite. That’s 42 points for each juror, so 420 points in total. The televote will give the same number of points, proportionally to the number of votes received by each candidate (eg. if a candidate gathers 10% of the televote, they will receive 10% of available televote points, so 42 points).
What do you think? Does this list tell us anything about who could win the show on Saturday? Who could be their favorite? Tell us more in the comments below, or on social media at @escxtra!