RUV, the broadcaster for Iceland, have revealed the the lineup of the two semi-finals of Söngvakeppnin 2019. Earlier RUV had announced the ten competing artists for Iceland’s national final.
The semi finals will be held at Háskólabíó on the 9th and 16th of February. As previous years the final will be in Laugardagshöll on 2nd of March, furthermore promising to continue the trend of inviting big Eurovision stars to perform as interval act. Two acts will qualify from each semi-final, with the potential for a fifth wildcard act for the final. The winner of Söngvakeppnin 2019 will be determined using a combination of public voting and an expert jury panel.
Semi-Final 1 (February 9th)
- Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra
- Hera Björk – Eitt andartak
- Kristina Skoubo Bærendsen – Ég á mig sjálf
- Þórdís Imsland – Nú og hér
- Daníel Óliver – Samt ekki
Semi-Final 2 (February 16th)
- Elli Grill, Skaði, Glymur – Jeijó, keyrum alla leið
- Friðrik Ómar – Hvað ef ég get ekki elskað?
- Ívar Daníels – Þú bætir mig
- Tara Mobee – Betri án þín
- Heiðrún Anna Björnsdóttir – Helgi
What do you think of this year’s songs? Who will make the final and who is your favourite? Let us know in the comments or @ESCXTRA!