As in previous years, the Swedish fan club Melodifestivalklubben are asking the audience of the dress rehearsals, which of the competing acts was their favourite. With almost 25 percent of the 648 votes, the winner in Gothenburg was Mohombi with “Hello”.
Melodifestivalen 2018 – deltävling 1 exit poll
- Mohombi with “Hello” – 161 votes (24.9%)
- Wiktoria with “Not With Me” – 120 votes (18.5%)
- Nano with “Chasing Rivers” – 119 votes (18.4%)
- Anna Bergendahl with “Ashes to Ashes” – 88 votes (13.6%)
- Zeana feat. Anis Dom Demina with “Mina bränder” – 80 votes (12.3%)
- High 15 with “No Drama” – 67 votes (10.3%)
- Arja Saijonmaa with “Mina fyra årstider” – 13 votes (2.0%)
Melodifestivalklubbens exit poll has been rather accurate in the past. Last year it predicted correctly six of the eight finalists from the semifinals.
What happens in Gothenburg?
Tomorrow the seven artists will compete for two places in the Melodifestivalen final and two spots in the second chance round, andra chansen.
Next to the competing acts, we will see the hosts, Sarah Dawn Finer, Eric Saade, Marika Carlsson and Kodjo Akolor, doing a medley of Israel’s winning entries. The number will include Sarah as the 2018 winner Netta and the other hosts as her backing dancers. Eric Saade will also give his interpretation of Israel’s winning entry from 1998.
Who are you most excited to see on the stage tomorrow? Let us know on social media @ESCXTRA!