Tonight the Grand Final of Selecția Națională took place. Twelve acts competed for the right to represent Romania in Israel. The power was divided between the televote and the International jury. Each jury awarded to the songs points from one to twelve. The televote did the same , what means the televote had only 1/7 of the power. Ester Peony was crowned as the winner of Selecția Națională and will therefore represent Romania at Eurovision 2019. Romania will compete in the first half of the second semi final.
Ester Peony with “On a Sunday” for Eurovision 2019
Tonight twelve acts performed on Selecția Națională’s Grand Final. The two big favourites of the fans were Laura Bretan with “Dear Father” and Bella Santiago with “Army of love”. After all the performances it was up to the Romanian televote and to the International jury to choose the Romanian representative for Eurovision 2019. Ester Peony won the voting of the jury with four sets of twelve points. The televote gave the victory to Lauta Bretan. With the votes of the juries and the televote combined, Ester Peony won the ticket for Tel Aviv. The running order was as follows:
- 1. Linda Teodosiu – “Renegades” (4th place)
- 2. Olivier Kaye – “Right Now” (8th place)
- 3. Laura Bretan – “Dear Father” (2nd place)
- 4. Teodora Dinu – “Skyscraper” (12th place)
- 5. Claudiu Mirea – “We Are the Ones” (9th place)
- 6. Aldo Blaga – “Your Journey” (10th place)
- 7. Ester Peony – “On a Sunday” (1st place)
- 8. Letiția Moisescu and Sensibil Balkan – “Daina” (5th place)
- 9. Bella Santiago”Army of Love” (3rd place)
- 10. Trooper – “Destin” (7th place)
- 11. Dya and Lucian Colareza – “Without You (Sin ti)” (11th place)
- 12. Vaida – “Underground” (6th place)
What do you think of the Romanian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019? Did your favourite act win? Let us know in the comments below or on our social media at @ESCXTRA!