For the second time, a 100 people audience jury and an international expert jury will decide what artist will go to Eurovision for Switzerland and with what song. The system from this year will be back next year after the very successful result in 2019. Will SRF be able to top their results and maybe bring the contest back to Switzerland?
International expert jury revealed
The audience jury represents the taste of the Eurovision voting for the past years. Additional to that, an international expert jury made of music professionals, who already have experience with the contest as songwriter, juror or participant, will select the 2020 entry for Switzerland.
A total of 515 songs were submitted to SRF for the Swiss selection for 2020. The entry for Switzerland will be revealed in March.
The international expert jurors are:
- Argyro Christodoulides (Cyprus)
- Leonid Shyrin (Belarus)
- Sasha Saedi (Austria)
- Alexey Gross (Belarus)
- Adrienn Zsédenyi (Hungary)
- Anders Øhrstrøm (Denmark)
- Deivydas Zvonkus (Lithuania)
- Tinkara Kovač (Slovenia 2014)
- Rafailas Karpis (Lithuania)
- Ruth Lorenzo (Spain 2014)
- Gordon Groothedde (The Netherlands)
- Einar Bardarson (Iceland)
- Henrik Johnsson (Sweden)
- Maria Marcus (Sweden)
- Florent Luyckx (The Netherlands)
- Pete Watsons (United Kingdom)
- Jennifer O’Brien (Ireland)
- Grzegorz Urban (Poland)
- Ovidiu Jacobsen (Romania 2010 and 2014)
- Helga Möller (Iceland 1986)
Who do you hope to see for Switzerland in 2020? Let us know in the comments below or on social media @ESCXTRA!
This year Switzerland was represented by Luca Hänni and his song “She Got Me”. He was able to not just qualify for the final but to finish in 4th place in Tel Aviv with 364 points.