With the national final season in full swing, Croatia’s broadcaster HRT has announced the 15 acts that will compete in Dora 2020 for a golden ticket to Rotterdam.
The 15 competing acts in Dora 2020
1. Marin Jurić Čivro – Naivno
2. Elis Lovrić – Jušto
3. Edi Abazi – Coming home
4. Mia Negovetić – When it Comes to You
5. Colonia – Zidina
6. Zdenka Kovačiček – Love, Love, Love
7. Lorenzo feat Dino Purić & Reper iz sobe – Vrati se iz Irske
8. Jure Brkljača – Hajde nazovi me!
9. Damir Kedžo – Divlji vjetre
10. Lorena Bućan – Drowning
11. Alen Vitasović & B. Matija Čerina – Da se ne zatare
12. Aklea Neon – Zovi ju mama
13. Indira – You Will Never Break My Heart
14. Nikola Marjanović – Let’s forgive
15. Đana – One
16. Bojan Jambrošić – Više od riječi
Firstly, we can see that last edition’s runner up Lorena Bućan returns with the hopes of being victorious in Dora 2020. Likewise, Bojan Jambrošić also competed in Dora 2019. That time he was in a duet with Danijela Pintarić, but now he’ll be performing solo.
In addition, Goran Karan was initially revealed to be amongst the 15 finalists. Despite this, he decided to withdraw his song “My Legacy Is Love” shortly after the line-up was announced by HRT, due to having performed the song in public already. Goran Karan previously represented Croatia in Eurovision Song Contest 2000. He finished in 9th place with “Kad zaspu anđeli”.
Croatia in Eurovision
Croatia made their Eurovision debut in 1993 and has since competed every year except for 2014 and 2015. Their best result was in 1996 and 1999 respectively where they finished in 4th place. Earlier this year, Roko represented the country with “The Dream”. However, the entry failed to qualify to the final.
What songs are you most looking forward to hear? Let us know in the comments or on social media @ESCXTRA.