After confirming that it will be using Beovizija once again to select the Serbian act for Rotterdam, RTS revealed that it received 90 submissions on their search. Earlier today, RTS has revealed the competing artists, as well as the title of their entries.
Who are the competing artists?
The competing artists, along with their competing songs are as follows:
- 1. Igor Simić – Ples za rastanak (Parting Dance)
- 2. Sanja Bogosavljević – Ne puštam (I Won’t Let Go)
- 3. Rocher etno bend – Samo ti umeš to (Only You Can Do It)
- 4. Neda Ukraden – Bomba (The Bomb)
- 5. Marko Marković – Kolači (Cookies)
- 6. EJO – Trag (The Mark)
- 7. Karizma – Ona me zna (She Knows Me)
- 8. Andrija Jo – Uvek (Always)
- 9. Naiva – Baš baš (Really, Really)
- 10. Bojana Mašković – Kao Music (Like Music)
- 11. Ivana Jordan – Vila (Fairy)
- 12. Bane Mojićević – Svet sa Prokletija (The World From Prokletije)
- 13. Ivan Kurtić ft. Geapsy Train – Sabajle (At Dawn)
- 14. Hurricane – Hasta La Vista
- 15. Milan Bujaković feat. Olivera Popović – Niti (Threads)
- 16. Nenad Ćeranić – Veruj u sebe (Believe in Yourself)
- 17. Bora Dugić i Balkubano – Svadba velika (Big Wedding)
- 18. Ana Milenković – Tajna (Secret)
- 19. Srđan Lazić – Duša i telo (Body and Soul)
- 20. Lazar Živanović – Puklo je nebo (The Sky Parted)
- 21. Milica Mišić – Kiša (Rain)
- 22. Thea Devy – Sudnji dan (Judgement Day)
- 23. Biljana Đurđević – Raj (Heaven)
- 24. Aleksa Vučković – Samo mi kaži (Just Tell Me)
Included in the list of participants is the 2016 Serbian Eurovision participant Sanja Vučić who is a member of the girl group Hurricane, which we reported earlier as one of the rumoured participants. It was announced that the Serbian representative for Rotterdam will be selected through two-semi-finals and a final. The Serbian act is due to be selected by the end of February.
Serbia at the Eurovision Song Contest
Serbia debuted as an independent nation at 2007 with “Molitva” by Marija Šerifović which won the competition. In 2008, Serbia had the honor of hosting the competition in Belgrade.
Since their debut, Serbia has participated eleven times. Out of their eleven participations, they have managed to make the final eight times. Despite narrowly missing out on a place in the final in 2017, the Balkan nation has qualified for the past two contests.
In 2019, Serbia selected Nevena Božović to represent Serbia in Tel Aviv, with her song ‘Kruna‘. This was Nevena’s third participation at a Eurovision event. She has previously participated in Junior Eurovision in 2007 and in Eurovision in 2013 with Moje 3. Overall, she managed to finish 18th Overall, receiving 35 Points from the Jury Vote and 54 Points from the Public Vote.
Who do you think will represent Serbia in Rotterdam? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see our reactions to the news in the run up to Rotterdam!