Earlier today, Latvian broadcaster LTV has released the competing entries for this year’s Supernova. Markus Riva and Samanta Tina, who have already released their entries are among the final 26 participants in the running to represent Latvia at the Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam. You are now able to hear the competing entries in the playlist below:
The competing artists and their entries are as follows:
- Elizabeth Gaile – For You
- Liva – Not That Important To You
- Annemarija Moiseja – Undo
- Celeste – Like Me
- Rūta Ķergalve – Izgaismots
- Laika Upe – All My Roads
- Audiokvartāls – Connection
- Toms Kalderauskis – Be My Truth
- Markus Riva – Impossible
- Katrīna Bindere – I Will Break Your Heart
- Shanti – Voices In My Mind
- Madara – Māras zeme
- Samanta Tīna – Still Breathing
- Sabīne Blūma-Blūmane – Beauty Will Save The World
- Maia – Make It Real
- Edgars Kreilis – Tridymite
- Katrīna Dimanta – Heart Beats
- Antra Stafecka un Atis Ieviņš – Coming Over
- Aivo Oskis – Dive Deep
- Bad Habits – Sail With You
- ANNNA – Polyester
- Alise Haijima – Me Me Song
- DRIKSNA – Stay
- Miks Dukurs – I’m Falling For You
- Alekss Silvers – Again
- Signe and Janis – Inner Light
The artists participating in this year’s Supernova includes veterans such as Markus Riva, who has participated in the show since its inception. Other returning artists also include Edgars Kreilis who has participated in Supernova since 2017 and is currently participating in The Voice of Lithuania.
Changes to Supernova confirmed
Speaking to Eurovision.tv, Supernova producer Ilze Jansone has confirmed changes to this year’s edition of Supernova. Instead of having a Semi-Final and a Final, this year’s Latvian entry will solely be selected with just one show.
“Television viewers will only be actively involved in the evaluation of the songs by voting in the live broadcast of the final. 8 final songs will be chosen by the jury, also considering how the songs will be judged by the audience on the YouTube platform.”Ilze Jansone to Eurovision.tv
It has been confirmed that the eight songs (which will be chosen by a Jury) that will be competing in the final of this year’s Supernova will be revealed on the 16th of January.
Latvia at the Eurovision Song Contest
In 2019, Latvia selected Carousel to represent them in Tel Aviv with their song ‘That Night‘. They participated in the second semi-final of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. Unfortunately, they failed to qualify for the Grand Final, where they placed 15th with 50 Points.
Who do you think will represent Latvia in Rotterdam? Let us know in the comments below or at social media. Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates!