The Grand Final of Melodi Grand Prix 2020 is taking place this weekend after a five-week run of semi finals. Ahead of the show, NRK has revealed the spokespersons that will reveal the results of the voting in Saturday’s show. The list includes some familiar faces…
NRK, The Norwegian national broadcaster, has revealed the spokespersons for the final round of the final of Melodi Grand Prix. The final round of the final will see two artists perform again before the Norwegian public votes. The voting will be presented individually by region, with a spokesperson revealing the votes for each region, the spokespersons are:
- Central Norway – Margaret Berger – Represented Norway at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013
- South Norway – Tom Hugo – Represented Norway at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 as part of KEiiNO
- West Norway – Bjørn Johan Muri – Participated in Melodi Grand Prix 2010 finishing 4th, but went No.1 for 7 weeks following the contest
- East Norway – Åge Sten Nilsen – Represented Norway at Eurovision 2005 as part of Wig Wam
- North Norway – Agnete – Represented Norway at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016.
Melodi Grand Prix 2020 final
The final of Melodi Grand Prix 2020 will be held in Trondheim Spektrum on February 15. This will only be the third time that the final of Melodi Grand Prix has been held outside of Oslo in its 60 year history.
- Raylee – Wild
- Didrik & Emil – Out of Air
- Magnus Bokn – Over The Sea
- Akuvi – Som du er
- Kristin Husøy – Pray For Me
- Rein Alexander – One Last Time
- Tone Damli – Hurts Sometimes
- Sondrey – Take My Time
- Ulrikke Brandstorp – Attention
- Liza Vassilieva – I Am Gay
The winner will be selected by the Norwegian viewers alone. The final will include three rounds. After the first round, the four songs with most votes will be paired and the winners of each duel will meet in the ‘Gold duel’. The winner of the Gold duel will represent Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2020.
Check out our prediction video below!
Norway at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019
Last year, Norway selected KEiiNO through Melodi Grand Prix to represent them in Tel Aviv with their song ‘Spirit in the Sky’
In Tel Aviv, KEiiNO managed to bring Norway to the Grand Final for a third consecutive year. The group managed to win the televote vote and placed sixth overall in the competition with 331 points.
Who are you rooting for to win MGP 2020? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see our reactions to the news in the run up to Rotterdam!