Tonight saw Estonia hold the first semi-final of their national selection for Rotterdam, Eesti Laul 2020. The first six qualifiers for the final, which will be held on 29th February, have been decided this evening.
12 artists competed in tonight’s semi-final, which was held in Tartu, but only six songs have qualified for the grand final which will be held in Tallinn. The jury vote and televote combined decided the first four qualifiers tonight, with the televote alone deciding upon an additional two qualifiers.
The running order of the show is as follows, with the qualifiers highlighted in bold:
- Rasmus Rändvee – “Young” (finalist)
- Kruuv – “Leelo”
- Stefan – “By My Side” (finalist)
- INGA – “Right Time”
- Anett Kulbin & Fredi – “Write About Me” (finalist)
- Revals – “Kirjutan romaani”
- Renate – “Videomäng”
- Laura Põldvere – “Break Me” (finalist)
- Little Mess – “Without a Reason”
- Egert Milder – “Georgia (On My Mind)” (finalist)
- Jennifer Cohen – “Ping Pong”
- Synne Valtri & Valiharf – “Majakad” (finalist)
The second semi-final, in which six more acts will be chosen for the grand final, will be held this Saturday (15th February) in Tartu. Make sure you follow along our coverage of Eesti Laul 2020 on social media @ESCXTRA.
Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019
Estonia qualified for the Eurovision final for the second year in a row in 2019 with Swedish singer, Victor Crone and his song, ‘Storm’. He qualified from the first semi-final in 4th place with 198 points. During the final, Victor finished in 20th place with 76 points.
Who are you hoping will represent Estonia in Rotterdam? Are you happy with tonight’s qualifiers? Any song you wish you could save?
Let us know in the comments below or on social media @ESCXTRA.