Today the third semifinal of Sweden’s Melodifestivalen 2020 took place in Luleå, north of Sweden. Seven acts competed but sadly we had to say goodbye to three of them. Two lucky winners qualified to the final and two more artists got a second chance.
Mohombi & Mariette pass to the grand final in Stockholm!
Two past finalists, Mohombi and Mariette, still had the support of Swedish public. Mariette broke the record and became the first act to qualify direct to the final four times after taking part four times.
- Mariette – Shout it Out – FINALIST
- Albin Johnsen – Livet börjar nu – OUT (7TH)
- Drängarna – Piga och dräng – ANDRA CHANSEN
- Amanda Aasa – Late – OUT (6TH)
- Anis Don Demina – Vem är som oss – ANDRA CHANSEN
- Faith Kakembo – Crying Rivers – 5TH
- Mohombi – Winners – FINALIST
The full results of the acts that didn’t qualify to the final were revealed after the show.
5. Faith Kakembo – 733 502 votes
6. Amanda Aasa – 534 652 votes
7. Albin Johnsén – 470 431 votes
What to expect next week?
Next week the last semifinal will take place in Eurovision 1992 and 2013 host city Malmö. Seven artists will compete for the two places in the grand final and two spots in the second chance show. The artists are Frida Öhrn, William Stridh, Nanne Grönvall, Victor Crone, Ellen Benediktson & Simon Peyron, Jakob Karlberg and Hanna Ferm.
What do you think about the results? Let us know below or on social media @ESCXTRA!