As previously confirmed, ERR has now revealed the first twelve semi-finalists of Eesti Laul 2021 has been confirmed. The participants were revealed in ‘Ringvaate’ where jury member Laura Põldvere appeared with Tomi Rahula.
Part of the line-up so far is a few returnees to the competition, some have participated previously, and some have even represented Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest, with the hopes of representing their country once again in Rotterdam in 2021.
The line-up of Eesti Laul 2021 so far…
Without further ado, the first participants of Eesti Laul 2021, along with the name of their entries, as well as the writers of their entries are as follows:
- Nika Marula – “Calm down” (Andrei Zevakin, Nika Marula, Daniil Kotilevits)
- Kéa – “Hypnotized” (Ketter Orav, Sander Sadam, Alvar Antson)
- Gram-Of-Fun – “Lost In A Dance” (Martin Kuut, Kristel Aaslaid, Raul Ojamaa, Kostja Tsõbulevski, Mikk Simson)
- Jüri Pootsmann – “Magus melanhoolia” (Jüri Pootsmann, Joonas Mattias Sarapuu, Jana Hallas, Aleksi Liski)
- Helen – “Nii kõrgele” (Rob Montes, Jason Hunter, Renae Rain, Helen Randmets)
- Hans Nayna – “One By One” (Vahur Valgmaa, Hans Nayna)
- REDEL – “Tartu” (Kristjan Oden, Indrek Vaheoja)
- Uku Suviste – “The Lucky One” (Uku Suviste, Sharon Vaughn)
- WIIRALT – “Tuuled” (Pat Lyons, Martin Saaremägi)
- Koit Toome – “We Could Have Been Beautiful” (Joonas Parkkonen, Koit Toome, Peppina Pällijeff)
- Andrei Zevakin & Pluuto – “Wingman”: (Andrei Zevakin, Henry Orlov)
- Tuuli Rand – “Üks öö” (Gevin Niglas, Kristel Aaslaid, Tuuli Rand)
Stick around, as the remaining participants of Eesti Laul 2021, will be revealed at ‘Ringvaate’ at November 12.
The semi-finalists for Eesti Laul 2021 was selected by Bert Prikenfeld, Kaupo Karelson, Jüri Pihel, Jaan Pehk, Anu Varusk, Karl-Erik Taukar, Sten Teppan, Mari-Liis Männik, Ahto Kruusmann, Margus Kamlat, Laura Põldvere, Vaido Pannel, Ra Kõrvits , Dmitri Mikrjukov, Andres Aljaste and Liis Lemsalu.
Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest
The baltic country debuted in the contest at 1994 with Silvi Vrait and her song ‘Nagu merelaine’. Since then, Estonia has participated at the Eurovision Song Contest 25 times, and have made it to the final 16 times.
In 2020, Estonia selected Uku Suviste to represent Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020, with his song ‘What Love Is’, which was written by Uku with Sharon Vaughn and produced by Dimitris Kontopoulos. Unfortunately, the contest was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Uku was set to perform 2nd at the 2nd Semi-Final of the 2020 competition.
What do you think of the 2021 Eesti Laul line up so far? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see our reactions to the over the coming months.