As if last week didn’t provide all Eurovision fans with enough catching up to do, tonight we’re going to have exactly a night like that! Another seven shows taking place and we’ll possibly have two more entries and one more song to add to the list of Eurovision Song Contest 2015 entries! Below you can find the escXtra.com guide for tonight’s shows!
- What: Sanremo Music Festival 2015
- Start: 20.35 CET
- Where: Teatro Ariston in Sanremo
- Broadcast: RAI1
If you’ve been following Italy the past week, you know you’re up for a marathon if you decide to watch Sanremo tonight. The show started on Tuesday and is now ready for the grand final. Four acts have left the competition, sixteen remain. Two former Eurovision entrants have already been eliminated: Lara Fabian and Raf. The third, Nina Zilli, is still in the competition.
RAI confirmed earlier that the winner of Sanremo would be granted the right to represent Italy in Eurovision. However, artists may turn down the offer. If that happens, RAI will internally select another artist to represent them in Vienna. So basically, it’s likely that we’ll know who’s representing Italy tonight, but we’re not entirely sure… Currently, Il Volo seem to be the ones to beat. The popera group has received massive support and some even claim they’ll be flying high if they get to Vienna…
You can watch the show through RAI’s stream here.
The line-up for tonight:
- Annalisa – Una Finestra Tra Le Stelle
- Bianca Atzei – Il Solo Al Mondo
- Malika Ayane – Adesso E Qui (Nostalgico Presente)
- Alex Britti – Un Attimo Importante
- Chiara – Straordinario
- Dear Jack – Il Mondo Esplode Tranne Noi
- Lorenzo Fragola – Siamo Uguali
- Irene Grandi – Un Vento Senza Nome
- Gianluca Grignani – Sogni Infranti
- Il Volo – Grande Amore
- Marco Masini – Che Giorno È
- Grazia di Michele & Mauro Coruzzi – Io Sono Una Finestra
- Moreno – Oggi Ti Parlo Così
- Nek – Fatti Avanti Amore
- Nesli – Buona Fortuna Amore
- Nina Zilli – Sola
- What: Söngvakeppnin Sjónvarpsins 2015 – Final
- Start: 20.45 CET
- Broadcast: RÚV
Iceland will finish their selection procedure tonight. Söngvakeppni has had two semifinals, so tonight we’re ready for the final! Seven acts remain and five of them have announced to change their songs from Iceland to English. Six of these qualified directly from the semifinals, Haukur Heidar was later added as the jury wildcard. It’s hard to predict a favourite, so the best way is to sit back and enjoy Söngvakeppnin Sjónvarpsins 2015!
- CADEM – Fly
- SUNDAY – Feathers
- Björn og félagar – Piltur Og Stúlka
- María Ólafsdóttir – Unbroken
- Elín Síf Halldórsdóttir – Dance Slow
- Friðrik Dór – Once Again
- Haukur Heidar – Milljón Augnablik
- What: “Eurovizijos” dainų konkurso nacionalinė atranka – Song selection
- Start: 20.00 CET
- Broadcast: LRT1
Oh yes, the Lithuanian marathon continues! But tonight, it’s decision time! Three songs and three artists remain. This week, Lithuania will choose the song that’ll be representing them in Vienna. But will we know a whole lot after tonight? Not really, as each artist has the right to sing their own version of the song. The artist will be chosen next week. Mia, Vaidas Baumila and Monika Linkytė are still hoping to represent Lithuania. The following three songs are competing tonight:
- Dangerous (S.O.S.)
- This Time
- The Right Way
- What: Melodifestivalen 2015 – Deltävling 2
- Start: 20.00 CET
- Where: Malmö Arena in Malmö
- Broadcast: SVT1
The love of many Eurovision fans is continuing their Melodifestivalen tonight: Sweden! Another seven acts are hoping to at least qualify for Andra Chansen. Two will go to the final, two will go to Andra Chansen. Among tonight’s participants, there’s former Eurovision entrant Marie Bergman and former Alcazar and Barbados member Magnus Carlsson. The latter also won the dress rehearsal voting last night, which may be a good sign for him.
- Linus Svenning – Forever Starts Today
- Emelie Irewald – Där Och Då Med Dig
- Samir & Viktor – Groupie
- Neverstore – If I Was God For One Day
- Marie Bergman & Sanne Salomonsen – Nonetheless
- Magnus Carlsson – Möt Mig I Gamla Stan
- Mariette – Don’t Stop Believing
- What: A Dal 2015 – Semifinal 1
- Start: 20.25 CET
- Broadcast: M1
Another marathon: Hungary! After three weeks of heats, we’re now entering the semifinal stage. Eightteen acts remain and they’re fighting for eight spots in the final. Nine acts will be taking part tonight. The jury will select two finalists first by giving them all a score out of ten. After that, the seven remaining acts will fight for two more televoting spots. After the heats, we seem to have a pretty good image of who’s a favourite to win. Boggie and Ádám Szabó, who both scored 46/50 in the heats, are both in tonight and seem to be the jury favourites. Other well scoring entrants are Vera Tóth, Zoltán Mujahid and Pankastic!, but everything is still possible!
- Ádám Szabó – Give Me Your Love
- Boggie – Wars For Nothing
- Karmapolis – The Time Is Now
- New Level Empire – Homelights
- Pankastic! – Kicsi A Világ, De Nagy Világ!
- Spoon – Keep Marching On
- Timi Antal – Woke Up This Way
- Vera Tóth – Gyémánt
- Zoltán Mujahid – Beside You
- What: Uuden Musikiin Kilpailu 2015 – Semifinal 2
- Start: 20.00 CET
- Broadcast: YLE2
After a pretty predictable semifinal last week, where the two big favourites (Satin Circus and Pertti Kurikan Nimipaivat) qualified, tonight’s UMK Semifinal will be harder to predict. Three out of six acts taking part will make the final. If we look the bookmakers, three of tonight’s acts make the top five of favourites: Opera Skaala, Siru and Eeverest. However, a completely different act, Shava, won the UMK Poll. We’re in for an exciting show tonight!
- Jouni Aslak – Lions And Lambs
- Eeverest – Love It All Away
- Otto Ivar – Truth Or Dare
- Opera Skaala – Heart Of Light
- Shava – Ostarilla
- Siru – Mustelmat
- What: Eesti Laul 2015 – Semifinal One
- Start: 20.35 CET
- Broadcast: ETV
As you probably all know by now, Estonia is the favourite to win Eurovision at the moment, according to bookmakers. And that’s because of a song we’ll see tonight in Eesti Laul: Goodbye To Yesterday. However, Mari’s song Kolm Päeva Tagasi has now made it to #1 in the Estonian charts: trouble on the horizon for Stig and Elina? Also interesting is Luisa Värk entering Eesti Laul: The First Lady of Estonia (she’s married to Prime Minister Taavi Rõivas) is hoping to represent her country in Eurovision 2015!
Another pretty exciting show coming up tonight, especially as the Estonians really don’t care what Europe thinks they should send!
- Wilhelm – Light Up Your Mind
- Kruuv – Tiiu Talu Tütreke
- Demie ft. Janice – Kuum
- NimmerSchmidt – Kellega Ma Tutvusin?
- Elina Born & Stig Rästa – Goodbye To Yesterday
- Daniel Levi – Burning Lights
- Triin Niitoja & John4 – This Is Our Choice
- Kali Briis Band – Idiot
- Luisa Värk – Minu Päike
- Mari – Kolm Päeva Tagasi
A seven show Eurovision night, some of us will need to catch up on a whole lot, others won’t. What will you be watching? Who are you hoping for? Below, you can find an easy schedule for tonight!