The alternative pop band, Lake Malawi, manage to win the overall vote and get the golden ticket to Tel Aviv as the Czech representatives in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
In what it seemed like a landslide jury win for Borbora Mochowa at the beginning, Lake Malawi managed to catch up and just narrowly win the hearts of the star studded Eurovision jury too.
How the juries voted
Just yesterday, the final two jurors revealed the final set of 12 points. Both JOWST and Ryan O’Shaughnessy gave their 12 points to Lake Malawi’s Friend of a Friend. So, with all the 12 points unveiled, here’s a recap of the international jury vote!
- Austria (Cesár Sampson) – Barbora Mochowa
- Denmark (Rasmussen) – Barbora Mochowa
- Estonia (Elina Nechayeva) – Lake Malawi
- France (Alma) – Barbora Mochowa
- Hungary (AWS) – Andrea Holá
- Iceland (Ari Ólafsson) – Lake Malawi
- Ireland (Ryan O’Shaughnessy) – Lake Malawi
- Malta (Ira Losco) – Lake Malawi
- Norway (JOWST) – Lake Malawi
- Switzerland (ZiBBZ) – Barbora Mochowa
Putting Lake Malawi in the lead with five sets of 12 points, leaving Barbora Mochowa in a close second with four sets of top marks.
Public vote results
The results from the were revealed in a press conference streamed on Eurovision Song Contest Czech Republic page, here.
It was also revealed that the Czech Republic will also stage a big national selection quest to determine their representative in 2020.
Lake Malawi – Friend Of A Friend
What do you think of Lake Malawi’s “Friend of a friend”? Was it among your favorites in the Czech selection? How do you think it will do at Eurovision?