As we are heading to the end of the year, we are also getting closer to another yearly tradition, the ESC250 vote. Songfestival.be has announced that the window to cast your votes will commence on November 9, and will close on the 6th December.
Despite the cancellation of the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest, Songfestival.be has confirmed, that the songs for the 2020 contest, will be included in this year’s edition.
It’s only two weeks before we open the voting for this edition of #ESC250. Have you made a decision yet or are you still struggling with selecting only 10 out of 1615 songs? 😅— Songfestival.be (@Songfestival_be) October 26, 2020
We can’t wait to receive your votes! See you all in two weeks! #Eurovision pic.twitter.com/A4rLg4kD8r
Details on how you are able to cast your votes will be revealed by Songfestival.be nearer the time.
Get ready to cast your votes
The format is simple: all you need to do is select your ten favourite Eurovision songs of all time. Then, the ESC250 team will combine your votes with everyone else’s to assemble this year’s hit list.
2020 is the twelfth year that Eurovision Top 250 will be held and for the past eight years, Loreen has been the victorious artist winning every year since 2012 with her Eurovision-winning “Euphoria”.
Last year’s highest new entry was the 2019 Eurovision winner Duncan Laurence with his entry “Arcade”. The top ten in 2019, including their variations on the year before, were:
- 01. 🇸🇪 Sweden 2012 – Loreen – Euphoria (=)
- 02. 🇳🇱 Netherlands 2019 – Duncan Laurence – Arcade (New)
- 03. 🇨🇾 Cyprus 2018 – Eleni Foureira – Fuego (-1)
- 04. 🇮🇹 Italy 2019 – Mahmood – Soldi (New)
- 05. 🇳🇴 Norway 2019 – KEiiNO – Spirit in the Sky (New)
- 06. 🇧🇪 Belgium 2015 – Loïc Nottet – Rhythm Inside (+1)
- 07. 🇵🇹 Portugal 2017 – Salvador Sobral – Amar pelos dois (-4)
- 08. 🇺🇦 Ukraine 2016 – Jamala – 1944 (-4)
- 09. 🇮🇹 Italy 2015 – Il Volo – Grande Amore (-3)
- 10. 🇳🇴 Norway 1995 – Secret Garden – Nocturne (=)
You can see the full results from 2019 on our website here.
Who will you be voting for in this year’s competition? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see our reactions to the news in the upcoming months.