The 14 songs that will take part in this year’s OGAE Second Chance Contest have been announced. OGAE Sweden are organising this year’s event, after Anna Bergendahl won the 2020 contest with her Melodifestivalen entry “Kingdom Come”. The 2021 contest will see the lowest number of participants since 1995.
All 14 national finals held in the 2021 season will be represented in the contest with fan favourites including KEiiNO, Eric Saade and Gebrasy all selected to take part in the 35th edition of the contest. Previous winners of the contest include Helena Paparizou, Alcazar and Margaret.
Albania to open, Finland to close
Yesterday, OGAE Sweden revealed the full running order of the contest – which sees Albania open and Finland close. Host country, Sweden, had their position drawn randomly.
- 🇦🇱 Albania – Era Rusi – Zjarri im
- 🇮🇱 Israel – Eden Alene – Ue La La
- 🇵🇹 Portugal – NEEV – Dancing in the Stars
- 🇫🇷 France – Pony X – Amour fou
- 🇸🇪 Sweden – Eric Saade – Every Minute
- 🇷🇺 Russia – Therr Maitz – Future is Bright
- 🇪🇦 Spain – Blas Cantó – Memoria
- 🇩🇰 Denmark – Chief 1 & Thomas Buttenschøn – Højt over skyerne
- 🇮🇹 Italy – Irama – Il genesi del tuo colore
- 🇪🇪 Estonia – Jüri Pootsman – Magus melanhoolia
- 🇱🇹 Lithuania – Gebrasy – Where’d You Wanna Go?
- 🇭🇷 Croatia – Bernada – Colors
- 🇳🇴 Norway – KEiiNO – Monument
- 🇫🇮 Finland – Ilta – Kelle mä soitan
Last year’s contest was won by Sweden’s Anna Bergendahl with her song “Kingdom Come”. Sweden scored 344 points in the final and finished ahead of Finland in second place and Italy in third place.
Who’s your winner of the OGAE Second Chance Contest 2021? Did you favourites get selected to take part?
Let us know in the comments below and on social media @ESCXTRA.