After a usual long night in Italy, the final line-up of the 65 edition of the Sanremo Festival was determined. Sixteen acts qualified to tonight’s final while the remaining four were eliminated and will have to enjoy the last show of the most prestigious festival in Italy on their TV sets.
The young talented trio Il Volo are amongst those qualified and are the hot favourites to win the final, followed by Nek. In Friday’s show, Sicilian singer Giovanni Caccamo won the newcomers category. In 2011, when Italy returned to the Eurovision Song Contest after a 14 year absence, the country was represented by Raphael Gualazzi. That year, Raphael did infact win the newcomers category in Sanremo.
The qualified acts (in bold) those eliminated (crossed)
- Annalisa – Una finestra tra le stelle
- Malika Ayane – Adesso e qui
- Marco Masini – Che giorno è
- Chiara – Straordinario
- Gianluca Grignani – Sogni infranti
- Nek – Fatti avanti amore
- Nina Zilli – Sola
- Dear Jack – Il mondo esplode
- Alex Britti – Un attimo importante
Biggio e Mandelli – Vita d’Inferno
- Moreno – Oggi ti parlo così
- Bianca Atzei – Il solo al mondo
Raf – Come una favola Lara Fabian – Voce
- Grazia di Michele e Mauro Coruzzi / Platinette – Io sono una finestra
- Il Volo – Grande amore
Anna Tatangelo – Libera
- Nesli – Buona fortuna amore
- Irene Grandi – Un vento senza nome
- Lorenzo Fragola – Siamo uguali
On Wednesday night the main host i.e. Carlo Conti confirmed that the winner of the 65th edition of the Sanremo Festival will go on to represent Italy in Vienna.