Following a night of Eurovision programming yesterday, the BBC have revealed the results of the 10 most voted songs in “Eurovision: Come Together”. ABBA’s “Waterloo” was voted as the British public’s all-time favourite Eurovision song, while Conchita Wurst and Loreen completed the top three.
All four entries from the UK made it to the top 10 in the voting, along with other past winners including Måns Zelmerlöw and Alexander Rybak. The British public were able to vote via the BBC Eurovision website. The voting figures from the show were not published by the BBC. According to overnight viewing figures, 2.9 million viewers tuned in to watch the show.
“Love Shine A Light” missed out on top three
Despite the song being the main focal point of last night’s “Eurovision: Europe Shine A Light”, Katrina & The Waves only managed a fourth-place finish in “Come Together”. The full top 10, as voted by the British public, can be seen below:
- 🇸🇪 ABBA – Waterloo (Sweden 1974)
- 🇦🇹 Conchita Wurst – Rise Like A Phoenix (Austria 2014)
- 🇸🇪 Loreen – Euphoria (Sweden 2012)
- 🇬🇧 Katrina & The Waves – Love Shine A Light (United Kingdom 1997)
- 🇸🇪 Måns Zelmerlöw – Heroes (Sweden 2015)
- 🇳🇴 Alexander Rybak – Fairytale (Norway 2009)
- 🇺🇦 Verka Serduchka – Dancing Lasha Tumbai (Ukraine 2007)
- 🇬🇧 Bucks Fizz – Making Your Mind Up (United Kingdom 1981)
- 🇬🇧 Brotherhood of Man – Save Your Kisses For Me (United Kingdom 1976)
- 🇬🇧 Gina G – Ooh… Aah… Just A Little Bit (United Kingdom 1996)
Many of the newer entries in the voting missed out on the top 10 including the top two from 2018 – “Toy” and “Fuego”. Last year’s runner-up, “Soldi”, also failed to make it into the UK’s top 10 of all-time.
Elsewhere in the UK’s Eurovision coverage, overnight viewing figures revealed that “Europe Shine A Light” averaged 2.4 million viewers and BBC2’s “The A-Z of Eurovision” averaged 1.13 million viewers.
Are you happy that ABBA were selected as the UK’s all-time favourite Eurovision song? Did any of your favourites miss out on the top 10?
Let us know in the comments below and on social media @ESCXTRA.