With the world opening up again (no pun intended) more and more venues are hosting concerts again. Among these is Het Grote Songfestivalfeest, a Eurovision concert in ZiggoDome, Amsterdam. Following its success in 2019 with acts such as Sergey Lazarev, Loreen, and Johnny Logan in its line-up, the second edition of the concert will take place on 9 December, 2021. Now there’s great news for those (interested in) attending, because new names have joined the line-up!
The announced artists
Earlier today, Het Grote Songfestivalfeest announced on social media that several new acts will join the concert. These are the artists that were announced today:
- 🇹🇷 Sertab Erener, who won the Eurovision Song Contest for Turkey in 2003 with “Every Way That I Can”
- 🇸🇪 The Waterloo Band, an ABBA cover band
- 🇬🇧 Imaani, who represented the United Kingdom in 1998 with “Where Are You”
- 🇩🇪 Michael Schulte, who represented Germany in 2018 with “You Let Me Walk Alone”
- 🇳🇱 OG3NE, who represented The Netherlands in 2017 with “Lights and Shadows”
- 🇬🇷 Stefania, who was supposed to represent Greece at the cancelled 2020 contest with “Superg!rl”, and who represented Greece in 2021 with “Last Dance”
Besides these artists, the organizers announced that Cornald Maas en Edsilia Rombley will be hosting the show again! Cornald Maas is considered the Dutch “Mr Eurovision” and provides the commentary for viewers in The Netherlands each year. Edsilia Rombley represented The Netherlands in 1998 and 2007 and, of course, was one of the hosts of the 2021 contest.
Joining an impressive line-up
These artists are joining a line-up with many familiar names already. Besides them, performances will be given by the following artists:
- Brotherhood of Man
- Sandra Kim
- Verka Serduchka
- Lenny Kuhr
- Kristian Kostov
- Johnny Logan
- Marija Serifovic
- Eleni Foureira
If you are interested in seeing this show live, tickets are available HERE!
Are you planning on going? Who would you love to see in the line-up? Let us know in the comments below! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to follow us on Spotify and YouTube to see our reactions to the news in the upcoming months.