ERT have this morning announced that the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest representative for Greece will be announced this afternoon.
During today’s edition of live magazine show #Studio4ERT, Greece’s representative for Turin will be revealed. The announcement will be made by Greece’s 2021 representative, Stefania Lyberakaki.
The final five
In total, 25 artists submitted songs to ERT. A committee led by Dimitris Papadimitriou was in charge of shortlisting the final few songs. Of course, the big question is: who are these artists who are potentially going to Italy? ERT shared their names, which you can find below:
- Amanda Tenfjord (Amanda Georgiadis): Amanda lives in Norway and is of Greek heritage, and already shared in October that she was interested in submitting a song to ERT. According to her social media, this song is an emotional ballad.
- Elias Kozas: This name might ring a bell among Eurovision fans: Elias was part of Koza Mostra, the group that represented Greece in 2013 with “Alcohol Is Free”. According to EurovisionFun, he submitted 3 songs, 1 of which has made it to the final selection.
- Goob Job Nicky (Nikolas Varthakouris): The song by this Greek singer will be ‘cinematic’ and ‘mid-tempo’, written by Hermes Geragidis.
- Joanna Drigo: While nothing is yet known about her type of song, Joanna specializes in pop-rock music. She is represented by the record label Cobal Eclectic.
- Lou Is (Louisa Sofianopoulou): Similarly, not much is known about the shortlisted song by Lou Is. However, the experienced singer has a wide range of collaborations on her name, making her one of the most well-known artists in this list.