Yesterday Finland chose their Eurovision 2022 representative at the UMK22 final. Today Yle reports on the record-breaking viewing figures for the show.
Last evening’s broadcast reached 1.9 million viewers in Finland, making it the most-watched show in the UMK’s history. Last year the final of Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu reached 1.7 million viewers.
It is great that we reached such a big crowd to enjoy and take part in choosing Finland’s entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2022. Records are made to be broken and the bar is very high for next year.UMK22 producer Anssi Autio
During the final it was possible to vote by calling or sending a SMS and free of charge in the Yle app. This year, more than 14,000 more votes were cast than last time, a total of 152,402 votes. 103,826 votes were cast via the Yle app and 48,546 votes with the calls and text messages.
75 percent of the result came from the televote while seven international juries gave the remaining 25 percent of the points. Both the Finnish televoters and the international juries ranked The Rasmus first. Overall, The Rasmus got 27.4 percent of the televotes, which makes around 42 thousand votes.
Following the semifinal allocation draw in Turin, Finland will perform in the first half of the second semifinal at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022. The second semi-final of the 2022 contest takes place on May 12th.
Did you enjoy the UMK22 final? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram, and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see our reactions to news in the upcoming months.