Happy FiKmas Day everyone!
We hope you’re all having a lovely day wherever you are – and it’s cause for Eurovision fans everywhere to celebrate even more, as the season really is about to get under way. In just two days time we will have our first confirmed Eurovision 2016 from Albania, and that process starts tonight with the first night of the 54th edition of Festivali i Këngës.
Our roving reporters Simon and Rinor are in Tirana for the duration of the competition and will be reporting live throughout the day and of course during the event itself, which you can follow in our live blog below.
Here’s everything you need to know before tonight’s show gets under way:
- 15 songs will compete in each semi-final, tonight and tomorrow night, for 18 spots in Sunday night’s final.
- Tonight’s show begins at 20:45 CET.
- You can watch the show live via the official RTSH website here.
- Don’t forget, we’ll be liveblogging throughout the day below, and tweeting @escXtra. Make sure to follow our Instagram too (also @escXtra).
Finally, here is the running order for tonight’s show:
- Egzon Pireci – Triumf
- Simbol – Artiste
- Voltan Prodani – Dëgjoje Këngën o Atë
- Adrian Lulgjuraj – Jeto dhe ëndërro
- Sigi Bastri – Engjëll i Lirë
- Dilan Reka – Buzëqesh
- Luiz Ejlli – Pa Mbarim
- Nilsa Hysi – Asaj
- Orgesa Zaimi – Një Shishe Në Oqean
- Erga Halilaj – Monolog
- Florent Abrashi – Të ndjek çdo hap
- Teuta Kurti – Në Sytë e Mi
- Kosma Dushi – Një Kafe
- Aslajdon Zaimaj – Merrmë Që Sot
- Egert Pano – Mos Ik
Have a look at a preview of each of these songs here. Remember to check back here, our Twitter and our Instagram for updates throughout the day, and then live coverage of tonight’s show!
Comments on Xtra LIVE from Festivali i Këngës: Semi-final 1