A legacy that continues on, stomping strongly through decades with a cross generational cult following, Swedish household name, ABBA, are making their long awaited comeback to the music scene.
They shared the joyous news with the world through their official Instagram account, expressing their excitement over joining forces and working on new music together…. After 35 years.
Fun facts about ABBA
- Despite gaining momentum after winning the Eurovision Song Contest back in 1974, ABBA’s first album titled “Ring Ring” hit the stores a year earlier, in 1973.
- Benny and Bjorn both were members of different bands and accidentally met on their way to a party. Which goes to show that sometimes the most random encounters can have a tremendous impact on millions of people.
- In the Swedish legal system, “not daily wear clothes” were tax deductible, which perfectly explains all their outlandish and quirky fashion stage costumes.
- Despite the fact that the their name was made up from the initials of all the members (Agnetha, Benny, Bjorn and Anni), ABBA was already a household name in Sweden ….. In the seafood industry. Both the band and the company came to terms of using the same name back in 1974.
- Sadly, both marriages within the group ended in divorce, however maintained close ties even after the unfortunate ending of their relationships.
- Their Australian 1976 TV special got better ratings than the landing on the moon, Which goes to show that the limit of what we can do goes way beyond the sky.
They will never reunite .
Now we can certainly say that the cycle has been broken and we can peacefully await for their new music to be released in December.
ABBA win Eurovision
Managing to take win over the hearts of jurors from all over Europe, ABBA were the 19th act to ever win the Eurovision Song Contest back in 1974. Leaving 16 competing acts behind and scoring 24 points overall, ABBA’s “Waterloo” went on to become one of the best selling records of all time.
Are you looking forward to ABBA’s comeback? Could they takeover the world by a storm? Is “Waterloo” your 1974 winner? What is your favorite ABBA song?
Let us know in the comments section below and on all social media platforms at @ESCXTRA.