The qualifiers of the first semifinal have drawn their halves for Grand Final. Interestingly, most of the favourites have managed to draw a ballot from the second half…
Ballads going first half
The first half is looking like a ballad half. Most of the slower songs have been drawn into that half. Even the automatic qualifiers have mostly drawn first half. The first half currently has the following songs:
- Austria: Cesár Sampson – Nobody But You
- Estonia: Elina Nechayeva – La Forza
- Lithuania: Ieva Zasimauskaite – When We’re Old
- Albania: Eugent Bushpepa – Mall
Previously, the following acts managed to draw a ballot for the first half:
- Germany: Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone
- United Kingdom: SuRie – Storm
- Spain: Alfred & Amaia – Tu Canción
- France: Madame Monsieur – Mercy
- Portugal: Cláudia Pascoal – O Jardim
Portugal will perform as #8 in the final. The host country had to draw their ballot at the Head of Delegation meeting back in March.
The remaining six qualifiers from tonight drew a ballot from the second half. This includes two of the current top favourites to win the contest: Cyprus and Israel.
- Cyprus: Eleni Foureira – Fuego
- Israel: Netta – Toy
- Finland: Saara Aalto – Monsters
- Ireland: Ryan O’Shaughnessy – Together
- Czech Republic: Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
- Bulgaria: EQUINOX – Bones
Only one act from the automatic qualifiers will perform in the second half of the Grand Final. Fabrizio Moro and Ermal Meta will sing their “Non Mi Avete Fatto Niente” in the latter half of the final this Saturday.
Ten more countries will join the line-up for the Grand Final on Thursday. These ten will also have to draw their ballots for the halves. Four of these acts will perform in the first half. That means the remaining six ballots will be for acts performing in the second half.
Are you happy with the draw? Let us know!